PETERBOROUGH, N.H.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--G2 Intelligence, a 30+ year leader in research, reporting, and analysis on the business of the diagnostic lab industry — including extensive coverage of lab coding and reimbursement issues through live events, periodicals, and webinars — announced today that it will hold a convenient, one-day workshop in Atlanta, Georgia, Thursday, January 24, 2013: Molecular Coding and Billing Workshop: How to Get the Right Payment in 2013. The event features a faculty of industry-leading speakers with expertise in coding, compliance, billing, payment, reimbursement, legal, and other critical business matters. They will guide participants through the new payment system, the role Medicare contractors will play, and how Medicare will determine final payment rates for 2014. They will also cover other key payment changes affecting labs, as well as how Medicare will pay for multi-analyte assays with algorithmic analyses (MAAAs) in 2013.
“Beginning January 1, labs will no longer be able to bill for molecular tests using code stacking, but must bill using newly created codes. What’s more, Medicare payment for molecular tests will be made via the clinical laboratory fee schedule using gap-filling methodology”
“Beginning January 1, labs will no longer be able to bill for molecular tests using code stacking, but must bill using newly created codes. What’s more, Medicare payment for molecular tests will be made via the clinical laboratory fee schedule using gap-filling methodology,” said Kimberly Scott, G2’s Managing Editor and workshop program chair. “Now, with the New Year just around the corner, it’s essential that everyone from lab owners, managers, and directors, to billing, coding, compliance, and reimbursement professionals be fully prepared. Our one-day workshop aims to ease this transition. Participants will get real-world advice from a well-known coding expert—and hear firsthand from a lab performing molecular diagnostic testing what its strategies are for making sure it receives appropriate payment for the services it provides.”
Featured sessions and speakers to include:
- Molecular Diagnostic Payment: What’s the Latest from Medicare? with Peter Kazon, Esq., Senior Counsel, Alston & Bird
- Strategies for Successful MDx Reimbursement in 2013, with Rina Wolf, Vice President, Commercial Strategies, Consulting and Industry Affairs, XIFIN Inc.
- It’s a Whole New World: What You Need to Know About Billing for Molecular Tests, with Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates Inc.
- Medicare Contractors’ Role in Determining Appropriate Payment: A View From the Inside, with Elaine Jeter, M.D., Medical Director, Palmetto GBA, and Mike Barlow, Vice President, Jurisdiction 1 A/B MAC Operations, Palmetto GBA
- Case Study: How One MDx Lab is Working with MACs to Get the Right Payment
- Getting Paid for Next-Generation Sequencing: The Challenges Ahead, with Jerry Conway, Vice President Reimbursement and Payer Strategy, Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- PLUS, lively interactive panel discussions, numerous networking breaks, and an included lunch
Group discounts are available for 3 or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 973.718.4709 to facilitate your registration, or email jwatkins@G2Intelligence.com.
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.