PETACH TIKVA, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ECI Telecom, a global provider of next-generation network solutions, introduced today its family of Native Packet Transport (NPT) platforms, to address operators’ challenges when migrating to or building new Packet Transport Networks (PTN). Part of ECI’s Optimized Multi-Layer Transport (OMLT) architecture, the new platforms bring multidimensional flexibility and unified multilayer management for the metro markets. Within ECI’s 1Net framework, the NPT family of OMLTs answers our customers’ needs for a fully integrated, multi-layer system, simplifying operations and increasing return on investment.
- As building carrier-grade packet transport networks has proven to be more costly than anticipated and because mixed (packet and TDM) environments are here to stay, the NPT is optimized for the diversified metro space to guarantee the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for the network’s entire lifecycle.
- The NPT brings multidimensional flexibility, in terms of capacity, interfaces, protocols, and supported network architectures, enabling low capex entry point without compromising on future-proof scalability.
- The NPT’s MPLS-TP-based architecture translates into simple and efficient operations, with flexible handling of packet and TDM traffic, ranging from true and independent switching alongside CES and EoS support.
- Like all of ECI’s transport platforms, the NPT is managed by ECI’s LightSoft® network management system, for a unified multi-layer management system for MPLS, WDM and TDM. With GUI-based operation, operators’ packet transport networks are as easily managed as existing TDM-based transport networks, resulting in significant opex and training expense savings.
The NPT Solution
ECI is introducing five new platforms as part of the NPT family of OMLTs: NPT-1020, NPT-1200, NPT-1600, NPT-1600C and NPT-1800. Part of the 1Net framework to address our customers’ day-to-day and strategic networking pain points, these multiservice packet-optical platforms offer multidimensional flexibility with high-capacity and cost-effective aggregation and delivery of Ethernet/MPLS-TP and TDM services in the metro arena.
These platforms are managed by the LightSoft unified network management system, which provides graphical automated end-to-end provisioning and management across network layers and technologies, with the addition of an Easy Data Management Suite (EDMS) for easy management of packet transport. To assist operators in the charting of their specific migration path, ECI also offers a suite of consulting, planning and network design services under the 1Net umbrella.
“Network operators are pressed to support a growing portfolio of packet-based services, while continuing to support existing TDM services. ECI’s Native Packet Transport solution uses centralized packet and TDM switching fabrics to efficiently accommodate all service types, and leverages MPLS-TP to simplify end-to-end provisioning and management, providing relief for both capex and opex.”
Rick Talbot, Senior Analyst, Transport and Routing at Current Analysis
“There is no question that data traffic is exploding around us. The NPT was developed to help realize the promise of low cost packet transport, without compromises in functionality. With the NPT, we are addressing our customers’ needs for a simplified solution able to cost-effectively handle both packet and TDM traffic. ECI is once again proving our commitment to be a partner for growth to our customers, by providing tailored solutions that meet their pain points and lower the TCO for the ever-changing transport environment.”
- Alon Moshes, Head of the Packet Transport Line of Business, ECI Telecom
Native Packet Transport (NPT) Family Brochure
LightSoft Easy Data Management Suite Product Note
Product Impact: ECI Introduces Native Packet Transport
White Paper: MPLS-TP TCO for Metro Transport Networks
White Paper: The Case for All-Native Transport
White Paper: MPLS-TP and IP/MPLS
Social Media Links
High-resolution graphics are available for download at flickr.com/photos/ecitelecom
Follow ECI Telecom news updates on Twitter at twitter.com/ecitelecom
Follow ECI Telecom news updates on Facebook
About ECI Telecom
ECI Telecom delivers innovative communications platforms to carriers and service providers worldwide. ECI provides efficient platforms and solutions that enable customers to rapidly deploy cost-effective, revenue-generating services.
Founded in 1961, Israel-based ECI has consistently delivered customer-focused networking solutions to the world’s largest carriers. The Company is also a market leader in many emerging markets. ECI provides scalable broadband access, transport and data networking infrastructure that provides the foundation for the communications of tomorrow, including next-generation voice, IPTV, mobility and other business solutions. For more information, please visit www.ecitele.com.
Certain statements contained in this release may contain forward-looking information with respect to plans, projections or future performance of the Companies mentioned. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve certain risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, product and market acceptance risks, the impact of competitive pricing, product development, commercialization and technological difficulties as well as other risks.