TAMPA, Florida--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TeamViewer®, one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meetings software, today announced the launch of TeamViewer 8. The highly anticipated upgrade expands client service capabilities and provides faster and easier performance for both remote control and online meetings sessions. With the new version, TeamViewer is introducing the new TeamViewer Management Console, a cloud-based administration tool especially addressing the needs of corporate environments and with greater emphasis on accountability, stricter security guidelines and the need for central control of their TeamViewer user accounts.
“TeamViewer 8 does just that by expanding the feature set to not only include useful new tools like session recording and Outlook integration, but also by adding a brand new cloud component that administrators can use to streamline their access and support – anytime, anywhere.”
The TeamViewer Management Console opens up completely new possibilities for support teams in companies large and small. Key features in the new TeamViewer Management Console include comprehensive user management, connection reporting of all sessions and browser-based single-click connections.
Comprehensive User Management
The Management Console offers a new set of user management capabilities. All employees within a company using TeamViewer for IT support services can be managed and controlled centrally over the web-based interface. Some key new capabilities include:
- Setting up a company profile to manage the entire support team
- Setting up, adding or disabling TeamViewer accounts of employees using TeamViewer for IT support
- All support team members get access to important customer information anytime, anywhere, as groups of the Computers & Contacts list can be shared
- Setting read and write permissions for shared groups
- Defining access rights within the TeamViewer Management Console (e.g., who may view connection reports)
Connection reporting of all sessions
Now the start and end times of all TeamViewer connections performed by a support team, whether done from a Windows, Mac or Linux computer, browser-based or from a smartphone, will be automatically stored. Further enhancements include:
- A new comment function enables users to write comments immediately after each support session to better document the support services
- Reports and comments make invoicing easier and more comprehensible for all supporters involved
Browser-based single-click connections
The TeamViewer Management Console offers increased flexibility for IT supporters as well:
- Authentication credentials (ID and password) of important computers and contacts are always at hand, as supporters have browser-based access to their TeamViewer accounts anytime, anywhere
- Remote connections can be started conveniently with a single-click directly from out of the browser-based TeamViewer Management Console
TeamViewer 8 also brings an impressive set of new business tools for users of the remote control and online meetings software. Key new developments include the ability to pass control of a remote session to another expert, local printing from a remote computer, and a deeper Microsoft Outlook integration for increased comfort with online meetings. Overview of the top new advances:
- Session handover: Remote sessions can be handed over easily “on-the-fly” from one expert to another
- Remote printing: Easy remote printing e.g. in your home office from your office computer
- Deeper integration of TeamViewer into Microsoft Outlook allows easy scheduling of online meetings directly in Microsoft Outlook. Meetings will be saved in Outlook calendars
- Transmission of remote sound and real-time video to the local device. Video transmission is available exclusively in licensed connections.
- Enhanced session recording: now sound and video can be recorded for perfect documentation
“Business users and IT administrators increasingly need more command and control of the software they use every day,” said Holger Felgner, General Manager at TeamViewer. “TeamViewer 8 does just that by expanding the feature set to not only include useful new tools like session recording and Outlook integration, but also by adding a brand new cloud component that administrators can use to streamline their access and support – anytime, anywhere.”
Windows 8 support
TeamViewer 8 is compatible with Windows 8, supporting the specific Windows 8 commands (e.g. the Windows 8 charms bar) on a remote computer directly via the toolbar in the remote control window. From touch screen to touch screen users will experience the simple use of TeamViewer in Windows 8 with the help of modern Multi-Touch-gestures.
Retina support for Mac users
The TeamViewer 8 user interface now also supports the Retina display, enabling a crystal clear view on a Mac Book Pro.
New 24/7 remote access for Linux computers
TeamViewer 8 provides a new system service functionality for Linux computers. With TeamViewer 8 Linux computers can be accessed remotely 24/7 including login, logout and system reboot – making it perfect for server maintenance and home office access.
TeamViewer 8 is available now for Windows, Mac and Linux computers at http://www.teamviewer.com/download.
TeamViewer offers one-time purchase without recurring costs. TeamViewer pricing is all-inclusive, and add-on components require no further licensing. Business licenses for the complete solution, including support and minor version updates, start at a one-time fee of $749. The TeamViewer Management Console is an exclusive feature of the Premium and Corporate license. For private users in a non-commercial environment, TeamViewer is completely free.
For additional price and licensing information, please visit http://www.teamviewer.com/licensing
TeamViewer offers full encryption based on RSA private/public key exchange and AES 256 Bit encryption. This technology is based on the same standards as https/SSL and is considered completely safe by today's standards. The key exchange also guarantees a full client-to-client data protection. This means that the TeamViewer routing servers are not able to read the data stream.
Founded in 2005, TeamViewer is fully focused on the development and distribution of high-end solutions for online communication and collaboration. Available in over 30 languages, TeamViewer is one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meetings software. More information: www.teamviewer.com
© 2012 TeamViewer GmbH. All rights reserved.
Mac, Mac OS and Retina are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows and Microsoft Outlook are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.