NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As the year comes to a close, Bloomberg LINK will convene leading investors and strategists to make their predictions for 2013 at the annual Bloomberg Hedge Funds Summit on Wednesday, December 5th at the New York Historical Society.
“Some of the world's smartest managers will talk about where they're allocating funds, make forecasts for investing in 2013 and debate the impact of the looming fiscal cliff.”
At the one-day Summit, speakers will discuss a variety of topics, including how the election results will affect Wall Street and the banking regulatory environment, the outlook for structured credit strategies and success stories from Europe. They will also debate strategies for 2013, opportunities that exist in hedge fund startups and which industries have the most potential.
Bloomberg News journalists will sit down for one-on-one conversations with industry leaders, including:
- Marc Lasry, Chairman and CEO, Avenue Capital Group,
- J. Tomilson Hill, Vice Chairman, The Blackstone Group; President and CEO, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management,
- John M. Bader, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Halcyon Asset Management LLC, and
- Dwight Anderson, Principal and Portfolio Manager, Ospraie Management, LLC.
“This annual Summit has become a key gathering for the hedge fund community, as it provides insight and predictions for the year ahead,” said Jason Kelly, managing editor of Bloomberg LINK. “Some of the world's smartest managers will talk about where they're allocating funds, make forecasts for investing in 2013 and debate the impact of the looming fiscal cliff.”
Additional key speakers include:
- H. Rodgin Cohen, Senior Chairman, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Steven G. Einhorn, Vice Chairman, Omega Advisors, Inc
- Francis Frecentese, Managing Director, Global Head of Hedge Fund Investments, Citi Private Bank
- Gregory Hall, Senior Managing Director, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM)
- David J. Kostin, Chief U.S. Equity Strategist, Goldman Sachs
- Arthur Levitt, Jr., Senior Advisor, The Carlyle Group; Former Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Geoff Oltmans, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, Silver Lake
- Bruce Richards, CEO and Founding Partner, Marathon Asset Management
- Jonathan R. Streeter, Partner, Dechert LLP; Former Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District of New York, U.S. Department of Justice
- Melissa V. Weiler, Managing Director, Crescent Capital Group
The conference is being sponsored by IDA Ireland, Grant Thornton, Standard Chartered, Gucci, BNY Mellon, JD Clark, and Ultimat Vodka.
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/hedge-2012
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (@BBGLINK). The hashtag for this event is #BBhedge.
For more information on Bloomberg, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/about.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bringing the power of Bloomberg to the executive conference business, Bloomberg LINK produces invitation-only, in-person gatherings that combine world-class editorial programming with peer-to-peer networking amongst the who’s who in influential communities. In this environment, participants engage in open discussions that lead to learning from each other’s expertise and experience. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.