NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Which playthings will top kids’ wish lists nationwide this holiday season? Each year TimetoPlayMag.com, the number one source for all things play, gives families the chance to answer that question and create “America’s Wish List” through its People’s Play Awards program. The Holiday 2012 votes have been tallied and winners in 20 categories including Action Figures, Dolls, Educational Toys, and Video Games were announced today.
The annual People's Play Awards program gives the public a forum to select the toys and games they are hoping to receive this holiday season. During October and November, consumers logged on to PeoplesPlayAwards.com and voted for their favorite toys to create “America’s Wish List.” Nominees in each of the 20 product categories were carefully reviewed and selected by the Time to Play editorial team.
For more information about each of the People’s Play Award winners and to see the Time to Play team in action, consumers can tune in to a special edition of the site’s popular Playdate program. Hosted by Jim Silver, editor in chief, and Chris Byrne, content director, aka The Toy Guy®, and Laurie Leahy, editor, the episode can be viewed at timetoplaymag.com/playdate/PPA2012/. Viewers can enter to win many of the 2012 People’s Play Award winning products now through December 5, 2012.
One of the most highly trafficked family-friendly consumer websites, TimetoPlayMag.com provides independent reviews of children’s toys, games, apps, video games, family entertainment, and all things play. The seasoned Time to Play editorial team has reviewed thousands of toys in 2012, garnering more than 65 million views by consumers and making them a trusted resource for parents and gift givers. The site recently launched a price comparison tool for the thousands of toys and fun family products featured on the site. Highlighted alongside each comprehensive product review, the tool tracks product inventory and prices at five major retailers, updating information in real-time.
Without further ado, following is the list of the toys and games that make up “America's Wish List” for the 2012 holiday season. For additional information including a video review and product details, please click on the live links below or visit PeoplesPlayAwards.com.
- Action Figures: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Figures – Playmates
- Action Toys: Power Blaster Buzz Lightyear – Thinkway Toys
- App Toys: Disney Creativity Studio – Disney Consumer Products
- Arts & Crafts Toys: Crayola Marker Airbrush - Crayola
- Activity Toys: Cake Pops by Bakerella Ultimate Cake Pops Set – SRM Entertainment
- Construction Toys: LEGO Friends - LEGO
- Dolls: Monster High Ghouls Rule Dolls – Mattel
- Educational Toys: LeapPad2 Explorer - LeapFrog
- Games: Angry Birds Space Game - Mattel
- Girls Toys: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Princess Wedding Castle - Hasbro
- Infant Toys: Playskool Rocktivity Sit to Stand Music Skool - Hasbro
- Party Games: The Big Bang Theory Fact or Fiction Trivia Game – Cardinal Games
- Preschool Toys: Jake and the Never Land Pirates Jake’s Musical Pirate Ship Bucky – Fisher-Price
- Puzzles: Disney Princess Puzzle Cubes – Cardinal Games
- Radio Control Toys: Air Hogs R/C Heli Replay – Spin Master
- Pretend Play: Monster High High School - Mattel
- Sports Toys: Nerf N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire - Hasbro
- Stuffed Animals: Boo-The World’s Cutest Dog - Gund
- Vehicles: Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Power Tower Track Set – Mattel
- Video Games: Minecraft – Microsoft
TimetoPlayMag.com, the number one source for all things play, is a consumer website which provides information, entertainment, and services on what's fun for children and their families. One of the most highly trafficked family-friendly websites, TimetoPlayMag.com offers parents and gift givers comprehensive content including hundreds of toy reviews and recommendations; hot toy lists and editors' picks; a product/gift finder; informative and amusing blog entries from leading toy, family entertainment and parenting experts; seasonal stories; safety tips and recall information; daily giveaways of in demand toys and more.
Over the past fifteen years, Jim Silver, editor in chief, and Chris Byrne, content director, aka The Toy Guy®, and their seasoned editorial team have accurately predicted each season’s hottest, best-selling toys and correctly identified the industry's most prevalent product and financial trends.