NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Mexico Equity and Income Fund, Inc. (the “Fund”) (NYSE: MXE) (NYSE: MXEPR), announces that Pichardo Asset Management, the Adviser to the Fund, will be hosting a presentation for investors on Thursday, December 6th in New York City.
Pichardo Asset Management will present the case for investing in Mexico and the Mexico Equity and Income Fund.
An overview of the presentation follows.
1) Introduction and Welcome by Phillip Goldstein, Chairman of the Mexico Equity and Income Fund, Inc.
2) Labor Reform (approved on November 13, 2012), Organic Law of the Federal Public Administration Reform (approved on November 22, 2012) , fiscal and energy reforms taking place in Mexico, presented by Mario Gonzalez Padilla, CFO of Farmacos Nacionales, a private commercialization and distribution pharmaceutical products company. Mr. Gonzalez is a finance professional with a background in economics and is an accomplished contributor in financial publications in Mexico.
3) Mexico: The Smart Investment Alternative, presented by Arnulfo Rodriguez, Deputy Director of Investments and Financial Analysis at Banamex Accival, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Citibank.
4) A brief presentation of Mexichem, SAB - a listed company with global presence and vertical integration of chemical and petrochemical products (chlorine-Vinyl and Fluorine Chains, as well as worldwide leader in plastic pipes) with an approximate 50% annual average 10-year EBITDA growth rate. Annual total sales of US $ 5.3 Billion. The presentation will be given by Enrique Ortega Deputy Director of Business Strategic Planning and Investors Relations for Mexichem.
5) Mexico Equity and Income Fund, Inc, its Investment Strategy and past performance, presented by Eugenia (Maru) Pichardo, President and Portfolio Manager of the Fund.
The presentation will be held on December 6, 2012, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. EST at the Grand Hyatt New York, located at 109 East 42nd Street at Grand Central Terminal at Lexington Ave, in New York City.
The Fund is a closed-end management investment company that seeks high total return through capital appreciation and current income by investing primarily in equity and convertible debt securities issued by Mexican companies and debt securities of Mexican issuers. Pichardo Asset Management, S.A. de C.V. is the investment adviser to the Fund. The Fund’s common and preferred stocks are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol “MXE” and “MXEPR”, respectively.
Periodically, updated information on the Fund can be obtained by calling the Fund’s dedicated telephone line or by visiting the Fund’s website at www.mxefund.com. The Fund’s toll free number is (877) 785-0376. Inquiries regarding change of address, transfer of shares, lost certificates, and non-receipt of dividend checks or reinvestment statements should be directed to U.S. Bancorp Fund Services, LLC, 615 East Michigan Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202; (877) 785-0376.