FRANKLIN, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation services and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced enhancements to its M*Modal Fluency for Imaging Reporting™ technology platform, providing radiologists and clinicians increased productivity and efficiency. Featuring new integration partnerships and business intelligence capabilities, M*Modal’s solution combines speech recognition technology, structured multimedia reporting and workflow management for fast and accurate diagnostic interpretations.
“M*Modal Fluency for Imaging is all about improving physician productivity by giving radiologists a single, highly integrated workflow and reporting tool”
At the Radiology Society of North America’s Annual Meeting (RSNA), taking place in Chicago from November 25-30 (Booth 3409), M*Modal is delivering additional functionality to Fluency for Imaging Reporting. New enhancements and partnerships include:
- Patient summaries: With a single click, radiologists get a dashboard view of all prior patient reports and information, organized by time and positive/negative findings. Through its seamless integration with M*Modal Catalyst for Radiology solution, Fluency for Imaging Reporting provides unparalleled visibility into the patient’s history, giving radiologists the complete clinical context needed for delivering quality interpretations.
- Physician feedback workflow: New analytics extract actionable clinical information from patient documentation to bring additional intelligence to the radiology workflow. Radiologist can see “inside” the narrative and receive instant feedback and alerts based on report findings.
- Automated critical finding alerts: Radiologists can now communicate critical findings to referring physicians from within their normal workflow and with a comprehensive audit trail for compliance reporting. Powered by robust integration with the HIT Notifi Intelligent Communication Engine, M*Modal is able to provide an enterprise communication and escalation option that is adaptable to most physician preferences.
- CT contrast data: Interfacing with Bayer Radiology & Interventional’s Certegra® Informatics Workstation ties CT contrast information directly to patient records, enhancing multimedia functionality by auto-populating, tracking and monitoring CT contrast information in document fields.
- Radiology dose monitoring: Through integration with eXposure by Radimetrics, a leading provider of radiation dose monitoring and management software, M*Modal allows hospitals and imaging centers to automate dose reporting as part of the Fluency for Imaging Reporting workflow. This radiology reporting improvement ensures documentation complies with growing regulations requiring dosage information.
“M*Modal Fluency for Imaging is all about improving physician productivity by giving radiologists a single, highly integrated workflow and reporting tool,” said Mike Raymer, M*Modal’s senior vice president of Solutions Management. “These new features bring even greater accuracy, flexibility and simplicity to image reporting, so that radiologists can make more efficient and informed interpretations for referring physicians.”
M*Modal Fluency for Imaging Reporting also provides integrated peer review and critical test result management (CTRM) solutions. This platform is part of the Fluency family of cloud-based applications, all of which electronically capture the patient story and automatically create the appropriate medical codes for reimbursement via M*Modal’s Speech Understanding platform. Announced in May, the M*Modal Fluency family was designed to orchestrate information-enabled dynamic workflows that improve the quality, completeness and compliance of clinical documentation.
M*Modal is a leading healthcare technology provider of advanced clinical documentation solutions, enabling hospitals and physicians to enrich the content of patient electronic health records (EHR) for improved healthcare and comprehensive billing integrity. As the largest clinical transcription service provider in the U.S., with a global network of medical editors, M*Modal also provides advanced cloud-based Speech Understanding technology and data analytics that enable physicians and clinicians to include the context of their patient narratives into electronic health records in a single step, further enhancing their productivity and the cost-saving efficiency and quality of patient care at the point of care. M*Modal has been recognized as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America, placing in the top third of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 for 2012. For more information, please visit www.mmodal.com, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.