LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LoveThis, the place to save and share recommendations you love, today announces a new version of its service available on the web at www.lovethis.com and is free to download from Apple App Store.
“This is a crowded market but I am confident that I am backing the right horse. Alexis and his team are the only ones addressing the real customer problem. Other companies are focusing on creating a new social network for people and their recommendations whereas LoveThis is more pragmatic.”
LoveThis has a clean and simple design and allows users to build a personal collection of recommendations. You can also easily browse your friends’ recommendations and ‘collect’ recommendations that you’d like to try out or remember.
How it works:
- Recommend anything: everything from a trendy bar to a reliable plumber.
- Send to anyone: ping your friends on LoveThis or email friends who are not on the service.
- Search recommendations: want a bar in New York from a friend who lives there? Simply filter your collection by the Bars category, choose the friend, and view the options on the Map. Find something you love? Add it to your collection.
- Useful information automatically added: LoveThis populates a recommendation with an image, phone number, contact email address, postcode and links to a map, all of which you can access straight from the app. If you don’t like the picture LoveThis chooses, select another one or upload one of your own.
- Tell the story behind the recommendation: let your friends know why you love your recommendation and see their response (even their comments made on Facebook).
Alexis Dormandy, LoveThis founder and a former Virgin Group board director, comments: “People forget recommendations all the time. Imagine this wasn’t the case and you had your personal collection of recommendations to hand at all times. You’d have new bars, restaurants, books, music, even the details of a local electrician from sources you know and trust at your fingertips. You’d be a different person. You’d lead a different life. Our super users say they haven’t been to the same restaurant twice since using LoveThis.”
Gi Fernando, angel investor in LoveThis, says: “This is a crowded market but I am confident that I am backing the right horse. Alexis and his team are the only ones addressing the real customer problem. Other companies are focusing on creating a new social network for people and their recommendations whereas LoveThis is more pragmatic.
“LoveThis is like an ‘Evernote for recommendations’ – it helps you save stuff you want to remember and allows you to find what you are looking for in an instant.”
Notes to Editors
- LoveThis completed a proof of concept stage in summer 2011.
- The company was incorporated in November 2011 and secured seed funding of £1.25 million shortly after from angel investors such as Gi Fernando, Founder of Techlightenment a Facebook global marketing partner. Gi is on the board of directors at LoveThis.
LoveThis Success to Date
In 2011, LoveThis was named one of the Future 50 Most Disruptive Brands in UK by Real Business Magazine and is one of UK’s top 20 start-ups according to article on TechRadar, a leading consumer technology site. It has also been named as a finalist in startups awards for innovative business of the year 2012.
About Alexis Dormandy
Alexis ran his first business for Richard Branson aged 26 and went on to become a Virgin Group Director before moving on to become Chief Marketing Officer at Orange. More recently Alexis was European Chairman of Bono's charity, RED, helping the charity to raise $120m in its first 18 months of operation for the treatment of AIDS.
Alexis is also an investor in variety of European technology and consumer businesses.
Alexis has also been a Seedcamp mentor since it was founded in 2007.
1 According to article on consumer technology site TechRadar. Source: http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/the-top-20-british-tech-start-ups-1082479