PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The 27th edition of CARTES has once again confirmed its position as the essential international gathering for all smart technology professionals. During the three days, over 19,000 visitors came to meet 435 French and international exhibitors and discover 2012's trends and innovations in payment, mobility, security and identification. With the SESAMES Awards, topical lectures from experts, new events and demonstrations of innovations, once again this year had everything to satisfy the expectations of professionals in the sector.
Backed by its experience and success, the Show is already preparing for the next edition and invites you to Paris Nord Villepinte from 19-21 November 2013.
Key figures of CARTES 2012
CARTES has once again demonstrated, in this latest edition, the international richness, diversity and dynamism of the smart technology and digital security sector:
- 435 exhibitors from 45 countries
- 19,072 visitors, 70 % out of France
- 1,586 conference attendees
- 119 conference sessions
- 566 attendees to the World Card Summit opening conference
- 11 SESAMES Awards
The Show's highlights and successes
This year, CARTES once again succeeded in creating numerous business and, above all, discussion opportunities for all professionals.
The World Card Summit, the opening conference, focussed on mobile payment with a notable presentation by Patrick Gauthier, Head of Operations at PayPal Retail Services. It also brought together market leaders (American Express, Gemalto, Giesecke & Devrient, Infineon Technologies, Morpho, NXP Semiconductors and Oberthur Technologies) in front of an attentive audience of over 550 people.
At this conference, Eurosmart revealed its figures for 2012 and its world market forecasts. The association confirmed delivery of over 7 billion units of smart secure devices in 2012 and anticipates strong growth of around 10% leading to a forecast of smart secure devices deliveries of nearly 7.7 billion units in 2013.
At the heart of the Show, visitors had easy access to large companies in various dedicated sectors (Identification, Machines, Mobile Payment, Testing and Consulting). New trends and numerous innovations were presented in the area reserved for start-up companies, the Innovation Village and in the Security in the Cloud and Smart Urban Mobility areas.
India was the " guest of honour" country this year: the Show welcomed a higher number of Indian visitors than usual who came to meet the major international suppliers, and experts came to present major identification projects in conferences.
Acclaimed conferences at the Show
In total, nearly 1,600 people attended 119 conferences organised around 4 major themes: Identification, Innovation, Mobility, Payment and Security.
This year, mobile payment, e-commerce, m-commerce, the prepaid market and even NFC applications were hugely successful both at stands and across the various conferences. These concentrated on the influence of mobile payment on the payment industry, new generation authentications and electronic signatures for mobiles, tablets and PCs, and prepay innovations in Europe and around the world. These conferences succeeded in throwing new light on the subject and revealing new perspectives covering areas of interest for the sector's professionals:
- Behaviour of new consumers
- Emergence and economic challenges of mobile wallets
- Business model of electronic money issuers
- Banking security on mobiles
- New prepaid cards
Technological innovations in 2012 crowned by the SESAMES Awards
The 11 most promising and astute technological innovations of the year were rewarded on Monday, the 5th of November, at the SESAMES Awards. The ceremony was held at the prestigious Westin hotel in Place Vendôme and took place in front of a gathering of 320 guests.
- SESAME Hardware: NXP with Next Generation NFC Radio Controller
- SESAME Software: Intrinsic-ID with Saturnus ®
- SESAME Identification / ID cards/ Healthcar : Sunward Telecom Limited with 13.56 MHz RF-SIM
- SESAME IT Security: Morpho with EMV Pro Digit
- SESAME Transport: Infineon Technologies AG with Security Controller for Transport Applications
- SESAME Banking / Retail / Loyalty: Toro Development Ltd. with akami suite
- SESAME Trusted Internet / Authentication : NXP Semiconductors Austria GmbH with Mobile POS for eTicket and stored value reload
- SESAME Mobility : Oberthur Technologies with Multi-brand NFC payment wallet
- SESAME e-Transactions : Giesecke & Devrient with Portigo
- SESAME Manufacturing & Tests : Gemalto with PrintPixel
- Discovery SESAME: New in 2012, this award was for the best innovation presented by a start-up company across the 10 categories. The 2012 winner was RCDEVS SARL with OpenOTP/TiQR Authentication Server.
Join us in 2013
We invite you to join us at Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre for the 28th edition of CARTES from 19 to 21 November 2013. Following India this year, Brazil will be the guest of honour country at the next show.
CARTES is having a make-over in 2013 with a new logo and new slogan: "Secure Connexions Event." This reflects its desire to develop global synergies at both a human and technological level and demonstrate the connection between the real and virtual worlds.
CARTES trade shows and conferences are also organised in Asia and North America:
- CARTES Asia: 27 & 28 March 2013 in Hong-Kong
- CARTES America : 23 to 25 April 2013 in Las Vegas
Join us: 19-21 November 2013
CARTES Secure Connexions Event – Trade Show & Conferences
at Paris Nord Villepinte
Find more information about CARTES on:
2012 Show photos available upon request from Actifin