SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Image Metrics today announced that Mojo Masks version 1.2 for iPhone and iPad is available now from the App Store. The Mojo Masks app lets users select and wear a highly creative and colorful digital mask or special facial effects. The latest version of Mojo Masks adds 50 new holiday, horror, mustache, piercings, Chinese Opera and sci-fi masks in the seven new premium packs.
To make sharing images and videos via online, social media and email an even better experience, Mojo Masks 1.2 also lets users save images at an even higher resolution than the original version.
“Mojo Masks is incredibly easy to use; no special skills required at all. It is the only iPhone or iPad app able to add these digital effects to video. And, now with the addition of 50 new digital masks and facial effects, users can have even more fun sharing photos and videos with friends,” said Robert Gehorsam, CEO of Image Metrics, the developer behind Mojo Masks.
The Mojo Masks 1.2 app is available for 99 cents per pack from the App Store in the photo/video category (https://itunes.apple.com/app/mojo-masks/id567788500?mt=8). Mojo Masks supports iOS 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 and iPad 3, as well as non-retina, retina and retina 4” displays.
How Mojo Masks Works:
- Step One: The user custom-fits his/her face (or the face of someone nearby) using either the front or the rear-facing camera on the iPad or iPhone. This takes less than 10 seconds and requires nothing more than looking straight into the camera.
- Step Two: Users scroll through the Mojo Masks gallery and select from one of the ultra-cool digital facial effects.
- Step Three: Mojo Masks automatically activates and tracks the user’s facial expressions and movements in real-time.
- Step Four: Users can record, preview, save and share their funny or scary images and videos with friends and family via email and MMS or online through social networks – including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube – all from their iPad or iPhone.
More Tips to Get Started In Mojo Masks
- Decorate your public face on social media platforms with Mojo Masks.
- Forget the traditional holiday cards. Choose from one of our six holiday digital masks and send friends / family either a holiday ecard or video.
- Planning a holiday party? Use the rear-facing camera on your tablet or smartphone to take pictures of guests as they arrive. You can let them pick their own facial effects. Share party photo galleries with friends on Facebook, Tweet arrivals or email to friends.
- Channel your inner Spielberg and create a 30-second video (in character, of course) to entertain friends and family. You can even launch your own film festival.
- Voice mail and texting are so yesterday. Why not Mojo Masks a video message instead? (Besides, people will think you are so adorable).
Mojo Masks By Image Metrics
The developer of Mojo Masks, Image Metrics, was founded in 2000 and is a pioneer in the field of computer vision with numerous patents held in facial recognition, analysis and animation technologies. Image Metrics proprietary algorithms capture, recognize and analyze nuanced facial expressions and emotions in real-time using nothing more than a standard webcam, allowing companies to add compelling new consumer experiences to their products.
In addition to creating its first app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, Image Metrics also licenses powerful SDKs, including Live Driver, its real-time facial animation technology, and PortableYou™, its avatar creation platform. The company's integrations include Sony Online Entertainment's MMORPG EverQuest II.
Image Metrics is headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., with a Research Lab in Manchester, U.K. For more information or to request a demo, please visit www.image-metrics.com.