PROVO, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Orabrush, Inc. today announced its YouTube channel – www.youtube.com/curebadbreath – has surpassed 50 million total channel views. The company’s rapid online ascension has enabled its high-energy, offbeat YouTube videos to collectively garner more channel views than some of the world’s most prolific brands.
“Bye Bye, Bad Dog Breath – Orapup”
“Online video is the core of our reverse marketing model, which uniquely generates awareness and demand for a product online first and translates to sales in a retail setting,” said Jeff Davis, CEO of Orabrush. “Our success on YouTube has propelled sales of millions of tongue cleaners, completion of a Series A funding round and distribution partnerships in more than 30,000 retail stores worldwide. With 72 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute, it is a testament to our marketing and creative team that we have been able to excel in such a crowded field.”
For eight years, inventor Robert Wagstaff “Dr. Bob” was unable to find a consumer base for his tongue cleaner as forays into retail and TV infomercials proved unfruitful. It wasn't until the then 75-year-old joined forces with Jeffrey Harmon, a college student at the time, to produce a YouTube video marketing the product as a tool to help cure bad breath that Orabrush took off. Since launching on YouTube in late 2009, Orabrush has executed one of the most successful viral marketing campaigns in recent history. Some of Orabrush’s major YouTube milestones include:
- Orabrush debuts “Bad Breath Test – How to Tell When Your Breath Stinks” on its YouTube channel, which became a viral sensation and to date has more than 17.5 million views.
- The video’s popularity leads customers to begin uploading their own reviews of the product to YouTube and demanding their local stores start carrying the Orabrush.
- Orabrush becomes the world’s first company to feature the tagline “As Seen on YouTube” in its marketing materials.
- Orabrush launches a weekly vlog, Diary of a Dirty Tongue, featuring Morgan the Orabrush Tongue, which has gone on to amass more than 4 million total video views. The popular series helped Orabrush become one of the top subscribed sponsor channels on YouTube with more than 185,000 subscribers, just behind brands like Apple, Old Spice and Red Bull.
- Google awards Orabrush second place in its TV for All contest.
- Ad Age recognizes Orabrush as one of the top 10 social media campaigns of the year.
- YouTube recognizes the first Orabrush video featuring The Orabrush Guy as one of year’s “moments that defined YouTube.”
- Orabrush announces the second version of its tongue cleaner with “iPad 2 PUNKED! (Parody by Orabrush)” – a parody of the iPad 2 product video produced by Apple. The video now has nearly 1.5 million views.
- Mashable recognizes Orabrush as one of “5 Branded YouTube Channels That Get it Right.”
- Inc. includes Orabrush in its list of “7 Great Viral Marketing Campaigns.”
- Orabrush is a finalist for “Most Innovative Use of Social Media for Marketing” in the 2011 5th Annual Mashable Awards.
- The company launches Orabrush tongue foam, an enzyme-infused foam that works with the company’s popular tongue cleaner to help eliminate bad breath.
- USA Today lists Orabrush as one of 10 new products to watch for in 2012.
- “Orabrush the Movie – Official Trailer” is selected as an official honoree of the 2012 Webby Awards, the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet. The “trailer” now has nearly 2 million views.
- Orabrush is a finalist for the 2012 North American Effie Awards, the preeminent award in the industry honoring the most effective marketing communications ideas.
- To introduce Orapup, Orabrush’s tongue cleaner for dogs, the company produces two videos for a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo: “Bye Bye, Bad Dog Breath – Orapup,” which has surpassed 1 million views in less than two months, and “Dogs in Slow Motion – 1000fps – Orapup,” which has nearly 1 million views. The company has more than doubled its fundraising goal and is still accepting preorders at www.orapup.com.
For more information about Orabrush, please see the following:
- View the Orabrush YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/orabrush
- Buy an Orabrush online at www.orabrush.com
- Find a retail location carrying the Orabrush at www.orabrush.com/retail/find_store
- Follow Orabrush on Facebook at www.facebook.com/orabrush
- View the Orabrush online press kit at www.orabrush.com/company
Orabrush, Inc. (www.orabrush.com) is an e-commerce distribution platform that leverages social media marketing, with expertise in YouTube advertising, to commercialize innovative products. Using its "reverse marketing model" with YouTube, the company has delivered unprecedented results in awareness and conversion driving online to offline sales with the Orabrush tongue cleaner and enzyme-infused Orabrush tongue foam powered by Orazyme. With more than 50 million video views and more than 185,000 subscribers, Orabrush is one of the top subscribed sponsor channels on YouTube (just behind brands like Apple and Old Spice) and has more than 340,000 Facebook fans. Orabrush is in 15 countries, 75 retailers and more than 30,000 retail stores globally and has become the No. 1 tongue cleaner in the world.