LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kronos Incorporated today unveiled Workforce Tablet™, a sleek, easy-to-use tablet app that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment.
- Workforce Tablet is a native-built tablet solution developed specifically for the Apple iPad, providing an anytime, anyplace, instant connection to the Kronos Workforce Central® suite.
Workforce Tablet provides all of the convenience and capabilities of a
workforce management mobile application with the processing power,
large-screen real estate, and usability of an iPad. The simple, clean,
compelling tablet user experience requires virtually no user training.
Key features include:
- Analytics – With industry-specific and cross-vertical out-of-the-box dashboards, KPIs, and drill-down reports for executives and managers at multiple levels, analytics for tablet helps guide decision making by recommending adjustments in the moment to maintain productivity, quality, and service levels.
- GeoSensing – Allows managers who are responsible for multiple departments or geographic areas to identify their specific location so all relevant employee, schedule, and job information is available in their desired location. With GeoSensing, the most relevant labor information is always front and center, eliminating the time-consuming process of scrolling and searching through long lists of employees and data.
- Scheduling – Managers can create open shifts, add and delete pay codes, and reassign shifts to other employees using call list functionality. Shifts can be edited and easily dragged and dropped to make schedule adjustments on the fly. Managers can even view reports on the spot to see how overtime is directly affecting their operation.
- Staffing – Provides a visual indication of under/overstaffing for all departments. Managers can view how their staffing levels match up to demand, and drag and drop employees with appropriate skill sets to meet demand. Staffing for previous days can be accessed to analyze trends when assessing future staffing needs.
- Time Card Approvals – Managers can approve time cards and view maps to see where mobile employees conduct time punches. One-tap editing of timecard exceptions such as missed, late, and early time punches accelerates the completion of daily tasks, while real-time updates to all backend workforce management information happen automatically.
- Kronos Workforce Tablet is available in the Apple App Store.
- The Kronos Tablet application is available immediately in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, and simplified and traditional Chinese.
Bill Bartow, vice president, global product management, Kronos
“Tablet devices are brilliant. With the portability of a smartphone and screen real estate that often exceeds a laptop or desktop, they offer the best of both worlds and are revolutionizing the way businesses are run. By providing managers with tablet access to their workforce management solution anywhere at any time, we enable them to effectively manage in the moment using common swipe, scroll, pinch, and tap gestures. Workforce Tablet takes mobile workforce management to the next level.”
Mark Smith, CEO and chief research officer, Ventana Research
“The use of the tablet is changing the way business operates and our Next Generation Workforce Management benchmark research already finds that 28 percent of organizations have them and 34 percent more will deploy them for the first time in 2013. The introduction of Kronos Tablet provides managers with the applications and analytics to be more productive and also align to the critical goals and initiatives of their organization. The simplicity and usability of Kronos Tablet is excellent. Organizations should examine this new offering and how Kronos is innovating the way workforces are managed and how work is accomplished.”
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world’s largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Las Vegas.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks12 on Twitter.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and KronosWorks and Workforce Tablet are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.