SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MyFitnessPal, the leading free resource helping people improve their health, today announced reaching the 30 million user mark, a milestone achievement in the company’s mission to make good health attainable for all. On the heels of significant consumer traction, the company is also debuting their first-ever application programming interface (API). The MyFitnessPal API connects with partners’ technologies and devices—including BodyMedia, runtastic, Endomondo and Withings—to enable the real-time, seamless exchange of user data in order to provide the best nutrition and exercise tools and support for consumers.
“We believe that by facilitating an ecosystem of the best-in-class brands and resources working together, we can help our users to more successfully accomplish their health goals.”
Through these new integrations, MyFitnessPal users now have the ability to instantly sync their daily activities, weight and body fat information from other health products directly with their personal MyFitnessPal food diary and exercise log. MyFitnessPal boasts the largest database of nutritional information with more than 2 million listings, including the most popular restaurants and food brands. By gathering all wellness data into one place, MyFitnessPal now offers a more complete picture of each user’s overall personal health.
“For the millions of people who have found success improving their nutrition with MyFitnessPal, we are now making it easier than ever to incorporate physical activity,” said Mike Lee, co-founder of MyFitnessPal. “We believe that by facilitating an ecosystem of the best-in-class brands and resources working together, we can help our users to more successfully accomplish their health goals.”
MyFitnessPal is now integrated with the following partners:
- BodyMedia – Pioneer in wearable body monitoring products that have been clinically proven to bolster weight loss efforts and will soon be used to manage other health conditions.
- Endomondo – A popular fitness tracking app and social network that turns GPS-enabled smartphones into a personal trainer and social motivator capable of tracking workouts, analyzing performance and allowing users compete virtually with friends.
- FINIS Swimsense – Interactive watch that captures everything about your swim including laps, total distance, calories burned, stroke count, distance-per-stroke, and much more.
- Fitbit – Makers of the popular Fitbit wireless trackers and Aria Wi-Fi scale that track daily activity, sleep, and weight allowing users to set goals, track trends and compete with friends for extra motivation.
- Interactive Fitness – The Expresso stationary bikes make cardio exercise fun by enabling interactive and engaging workouts.
- MIO – Innovative heart rate monitoring devices to track heart rate, calorie burn and motion.
- runtastic – Mobile apps that track running, walking and other fitness activities and provide comprehensive usage data including pace, distance, step counts, calories and more.
- Scosche RHYTHM – Comfortable arm-strap pulse monitor that provides users with a simple way to manage, track and analyze their workouts.
- Striiv – Motivational app that turns taking steps into playing a game, donating to charity and competing with friends.
- Withings – Creators of the world’s first WiFi connected personal weight scale that automatically records body weight, lean & fat mass, and calculated body mass index (BMI).
“Having a deeper understanding about fitness and health can motivate a person to change his or her behavior,” said Christine Robins, Body Media CEO. “Making it easier to see that information is a plus. By merging select data from our respective platforms, our partnership with MyFitnessPal will help consumers on their wellness journey.”
For additional details on MyFitnessPal’s API Gallery, please visit http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps. Developers who wish to integrate with the MyFitnessPal API should contact API@myfitnesspal.com. For more information, please visit www.myfitnesspal.com.
MyFitnessPal makes good health attainable and sustainable for everyone. Powered by more than 30 million people, MyFitnessPal is the leading free resource to take charge of daily health. Partnering with top brands—including Fitbit, BodyMedia, runtastic and Endomondo—and featuring a database over 2 million foods, MyFitnessPal provides real-time nutrition and fitness tracking, insights and community support. MyFitnessPal’s free and easy to use technology works seamlessly across Android, iOS, Blackberry, Kindle and Windows apps, in addition to the web. MyFitnessPal is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit http://www.myfitnesspal.com/.