FAIRFAX, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ellucian today announced it is expanding its vision and evolving a fresh architectural approach that will strengthen its customers’ investments and accelerate application of new technologies. The Ellucian Extensible Ecosystem, or Ellucian XE, is a flexible and open foundation that spans the three core administrative systems: Banner by Ellucian, Colleague by Ellucian, and PowerCampus by Ellucian, to make deploying and updating solutions faster, easier, and at a lower cost of ownership.
“Through Ellucian XE we are delivering on these promises by extending the value of the administrative core through a rich, extensible, and deeply integrated ecosystem of solutions and services that address diverse needs across the campus community.”
“When we launched Ellucian, we committed to serve our customers better, protect their investments, and strengthen the portfolio of technology solutions they need to navigate change in this dynamic environment,” said John F. Speer III, “Through Ellucian XE we are delivering on these promises by extending the value of the administrative core through a rich, extensible, and deeply integrated ecosystem of solutions and services that address diverse needs across the campus community.”
Higher, further, and vocational education institutions today need a more efficient, flexible, and sustainable way to evolve their digital campuses and continue to meet the needs of their increasingly diverse constituents.
To create a truly agile digital environment requires continued investments in technology architectures, integration, user interface designs, and business process flexibility. Building that environment can be radically hindered by locked-down databases, hard-coded functionality, or cumbersome point-to-point integration with third-party solutions.
Ellucian XE delivers a solution architecture and ecosystem that will help us evolve core administrative solutions rapidly and efficiently, and help customers extend the digital campus in the ways that make sense for their institution, their business processes, and their constituents.
Ellucian XE is an architectural approach grounded in common principles, standards, and services that leverage economies of scale across the company’s broad portfolio. Ellucian XE helps address the evolving needs of higher, further, and vocational education through:
- A robust API and web services strategy that wraps around the core ERP platforms, supporting deep, standards-based integration and extending interoperability with new and existing software solutions from Ellucian, partners, and other third parties.
- An agile development philosophy for more quickly evolving the core administrative systems and advancing functionality across the portfolio, extending the value of customers’ system investments.
- Expanding points of access to the powerful information and system benefits, including self-service portals, mobile applications, interfaces for power users, and applications in the cloud.
- Uniting powerful and collaborative customer and partner communities by creating new cross-system synergies and opportunities to guide and participate in ongoing development, services, and common technology futures.
- Optimized delivery methods with fewer steps to deliver, maintain, and extend software. Automated release tools and configuration management help simplify complex tasks, significantly reducing the time, risk, and pain involved in provisioning, implementing, and updating technologies.
Ellucian XE will help the global Ellucian customer community continuously evolve their technology environments by extending the core administrative systems they depend on.
Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. It delivers a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provides strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit ellucian.com.
Trademark information: Ellucian and the Ellucian logo, Banner, Colleague, and PowerCampus are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ellucian, Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other trade names and trademarks used herein are owned by their respective holders.