SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today unveiled Adobe® Acrobat® XI software with cloud services, a powerful new solution that rises to today’s complex document challenges. The industry standard for PDF software will now feature complete PDF editing and export to Microsoft PowerPoint; touch-friendly capabilities on tablets; and newly integrated cloud services, including sophisticated Web contracting with Adobe EchoSign® and forms creation, data collection and analysis with Adobe FormsCentral. Acrobat XI additionally supports IT departments with seamless Microsoft Office and SharePoint integration, easy deployment, applications virtualization and robust application security to help provide a low cost of ownership and sound return on investment.
“Being able to do complex things on the fly, like signing a document electronically or commenting on a document on an iPad, is very attractive to people. Acrobat XI makes that possible.”
Products included in this release are: Acrobat XI Pro, Acrobat XI Standard, Adobe Reader® XI and newly integrated document services, Adobe FormsCentral and Adobe EchoSign.
“The compounding complexity of work has never been more pressing. As the number of mobile devices and the use of cloud services surge, information workers must be empowered to work more effectively with documents anywhere on any device,” said Melissa Webster, program vice president, IDC. “They need a solution that enables them to collaborate with others inside and outside the firewall while at the same time meeting IT and organizational requirements for streamlined management, application security, and secure delivery of information – all with a high ROI.”
The mounting productivity inefficiencies and cost of document-based challenges are highlighted in a recent global IDC white paper. A typical company with 1,000 employees has a productivity cost of US$15.9 million annually, the white paper calls out, and addressing these inefficiencies would be tantamount to hiring an additional 213 people.
With Adobe Acrobat XI, new and improved features and functionality for business professionals now include:
- Edit PDF files, modify paragraphs, images, and objects by simply clicking and dragging using the new, intuitive Edit Text and Images tool. Arrange and visually merge select content and multiple documents into one organized PDF file, while retaining source file integrity.
- Expedite document and Web contract approvals from weeks to hours with electronic signatures using the integrated Adobe EchoSign electronic signature service. Simplify forms creation, distribution and results analysis using the included Adobe FormsCentral desktop app.
- Enhanced mobile capabilities. Work with PDF files across tablets and smartphones in touch-friendly Adobe Reader to annotate and add comments, as well as fill in, sign and save forms.
- Save PDF documents as PowerPoint, Word or Excel files or reuse parts of or entire PDF files as Microsoft Office documents and Web pages without retyping or need to reformat.
- Improved protection of all PDF files created from Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel to help prevent copying, editing, or printing without permission.
The new and improved IT features and functionality now enable IT professionals to:
- Standardize on an easy to use, full-featured, consistent, trusted PDF Reader now with full support for iPads and Android tablets. Additionally, deliver Acrobat XI and Reader XI as a centrally managed, touch-friendly, virtual application with new support for Microsoft App-V via Citrix XenApp.
- Integrate Adobe Acrobat XI more seamlessly with Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint, enabling users to do more with PDF in an Office or SharePoint environment.
- Streamline deployment and maintenance with free Adobe tools to aid configuration and installation, as well as enhanced support for Microsoft SCCM/SCUP and Apple Remote Desktop.
Kevin M. Lynch, SVP and GM of Acrobat and Document Services, Adobe
- “More and more information is being generated, shared and consumed in documents than ever before. Working with online forms, collaborative PDF reviews and signatures are the everyday norm for business professionals who were once simply content creators. IT departments need to support these changes while maintaining and maximizing the use of existing infrastructures and systems, as well as provide support and services that enable their organizations to take advantage of new business opportunities, improve results, justify return on investment, and lower the total cost of ownership.”
Mike Mann, release & deployment analyst, McGladrey
- “Our client information is sensitive, so document security is critical. Acrobat XI offers advance document protection capabilities that are easier than ever for our staff to uniformly secure documents.”
- “Microsoft SharePoint is one of our primary methods of sharing files internally. The seamless integration with Acrobat XI enables us to access, edit and save documents directly in SharePoint, eliminating the need to download and manage multiple files.”
Yvonne Willis, Enterprise Applications and Project Manager, Pillsbury Law
- “Security is the talk of the town. All of our clients expect the highest level of security, from our documents through our applications and IT environment. Acrobat XI provides key security enhancements that support both users and IT professionals.”
- “Being able to do complex things on the fly, like signing a document electronically or commenting on a document on an iPad, is very attractive to people. Acrobat XI makes that possible.”
Saul Morse, vice president of multichannel integration, Palio
- "Acrobat XI now makes it even easier and faster to create PDF forms and to automatically distribute and collect information with new online forms services available within Acrobat XI.”
Pricing and Availability
Acrobat XI and its associated products are scheduled to ship within 30 days, with availability through Adobe Authorized Resellers, the Adobe Store, Adobe Direct Sales and Adobe Creative Cloud.
List price for:
- Acrobat XI Standard is expected to be US$299 ($139 upgrade).
- Acrobat XI Pro is expected to be US$449 ($199 upgrade).
- Pricing for Education available through the Adobe Education Store.
- Pricing for Government available through the Adobe Government Store.
- A free 30-day trial of Acrobat Pro will be available upon product ship; cloud service trials are also available for Adobe EchoSign and Adobe FormsCentral.
- A Reader XI free download will be available at Adobe.com upon product ship.
- Adobe EchoSign starts at $14.95/month*.
- The Adobe FormsCentral subscription pricing starts at $14.99/month†.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, EchoSign, FormsCentral and Reader are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The IDC White Paper was sponsored by Adobe, “Bridging the Information Worker Productivity Gap: New Challenges and Opportunities for IT, September 2012.”
*Requires an active account with the Adobe EchoSign online service. Free and paid subscriptions are available.
†Requires an active account with the Adobe FormsCentral online service. Free and paid subscriptions are available.