NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Actor and filmmaker Matthew Modine (The Dark Knight Rises) is thrilled to announce the launch of his new Full Metal Jacket Diary App for iPad, available now on the App Store. Based on his award-winning 2005 limited edition book of the same name, the new “appumentary” is an entirely reimagined, interactive audiovisual experience.
“Matthew and I have been working on this project for almost two years”
Fans of legendary filmmaker Stanley Kubrick will be taken on a rare, behind-the-scenes journey through the making of the 1987 Vietnam War masterpiece, Full Metal Jacket. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the film this summer, Modine's diary chronicles the nearly two years it took to complete the film and features hundreds of stunning behind-the-scenes photographs taken by him on location.
“When I first set out to make my book, the goal was to create something that Stanley would have been proud of and wanted to own. The goal with this app has been no different," said Modine. "If Stanley were alive today, I think he would love the iPad. He was always interested in the latest technologies and in many ways, he was ahead of his time. 1968's 2001: A Space Odyssey featured devices that could be one of the earliest inspirations for tablet computers. This app will give a new audience and a new generation access to my diary and photographs in ways I never imagined possible."
"Matthew and I have been working on this project for almost two years," said Adam Rackoff, the app's producer. "We found most of Matthew's original camera negatives and spent months carefully scanning and restoring them in high-definition, perfect for the new iPad's Retina display. We did extensive research and searched through dozens of family scrapbooks, photo albums, and boxes to find original letters, documents, Polaroids, and newspaper clippings that would help enhance the diary's story. The app also features photographs by cast members, Stanley's long-time assistant Leon Vitali, executive producer Jan Harlan, Matthew's wife, and Kubrick himself."
Matthew Modine's Full Metal Jacket Diary is a premium app experience that offers users the choice to read or listen to his diary.
- Modine's complete diary text from his out-of-print, award-winning, metal-bound book
- Five chapters chronicling the filmmaking process – Private Life, Vietnam, Boot Camp, On Leave, and Boot Camp Redux
- A nearly four hour audio experience with Modine's own absorbing narration, produced with immersive sound effects and original music
- Over 400 high-res photos and personal documents scanned from original negatives and source material
- Detailed information on photos including dates, locations, and all-new remembrances written by Modine
- Three bonus galleries featuring select photo restoration comparisons
- Interactive "favorites" gallery designed to simulate Matthew's original contact sheets used in compiling his book
- Store your favorite photos and audio clips for later reference
- Share your favorite photos with your friends via Twitter
- Links to related articles, videos, content, and much more
The Full Metal Jacket Diary App is available for $14.99 USD on the App Store for iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
The app was produced by Adam Rackoff, designed by Jason Parry, and developed by Taeil Goh. The app's audio book was edited by Cristina Rackoff, sound designed and mixed by Dan Timmons at Sound Lounge, and features original music by John Lippi.
The Full Metal Jacket Diary App for iPad was partially funded by a crowd-funding campaign on Kickstarter.com. The project successfully reached and exceeded its fundraising goal from 295 Backers. For more information and to watch the Kickstarter video, visit http://tinyurl.com/3fx4dzt.
iTunes link: http://tinyurl.com/8stphzk
Official Website: www.fullmetaljacketdiary.com
Watch the teaser video: https://vimeo.com/43685430
For press materials: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29538634/FMJD_EPK.zip
Full Metal Jacket and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Full Metal Jacket Diary Copyright © 2012 Matthew Modine. All Rights Reserved.
For interview inquiries and additional information, please contact email@example.com.