ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For the past 17 years, Coca-Cola has proudly been the Presenting Sponsor of the ESSENCE Music Festival; and this year is no exception, as the Company invites everyone to ‘Move, Groove, and Enjoy’ during the Festival, July 6-8. As part of the festivities, Coca-Cola announced its support today for two youth development programs that encourage New Orleans youth to stay fit and healthy.
“We want to encourage our youth to participate in sports and exercise programs so they will grow up healthier and with the confidence to pursue their dreams”
The Coca-Cola Company is partnering with the City of New Orleans through its Fit NOLA initiative, an effort to improve the health of its residents by 2018. Through Fit NOLA, Coca-Cola is awarding $20,000 to Girls on the Run New Orleans, and $20,000 to Youth Run New Orleans, in addition to a $5,000 donation of hydration beverages, including Dasani, smartwater and Powerade.
Both organizations are after-school youth development programs combining positive lifestyle education with running programs. Today, more than 300 youth participate in these programs. And with support from The Coca-Cola Company, both will be able to double their programs.
“We want to encourage our youth to participate in sports and exercise programs so they will grow up healthier and with the confidence to pursue their dreams,” said Ingrid Saunders Jones, Senior Vice President of Global Community Connections for The Coca-Cola Company and Chair of The Coca-Cola Foundation. “These programs are making a unique difference in the New Orleans community, and we share the city’s vision of creating a 'fit community.'”
The Coca-Cola Company and its global philanthropic arm, The Coca-Cola Foundation, invested more than $8.9 million in 2011 to support active, healthy living programs worldwide. Recently, The Coca-Cola Company announced a $5 million commitment to support the National Foundation for Governor's Fitness Councils® and the American College of Sports Medicine to provide 100 communities with new fitness centers for schools over the next five years. In addition, The Coca-Cola Foundation has awarded $3.4 million in grant awards to support fitness and nutrition programs in the U.S. and around the world.
Over the past 17 years, Coca-Cola has invested more than $500,000 in community programs to support the New Orleans community during the ESSENCE Music Festival.
Other refreshing Coca-Cola activities designed to make Festival goers “Move… Groove… and Enjoy,” include:
Friday, July 6, 2012 – Sunday, July 8, 2012
COCA-COLA MAKES RECYCLING INTERACTIVE AND FUN WITH THE RECYCLING EDUCATIONAL VEHICLE
- Coca-Cola is taking its recycling initiatives to a new level with the introduction of the Recycling Educational Vehicle (REV) at ESSENCE Music Festival. This vehicle has a 25’ (wide) x 30’ (long) footprint and adequate space for truck and trailer mobility. The REV showcases three LCD screens, several Coca-Cola contour bottle-shaped recycling bins, a tent and a story banner. Informative videos and trivia games will be playing on the screens, and fans are invited to participate in the touchscreen video game on the interactive screen. Good things happen when you recycle!
Saturday, July 7, 2012
COCA-COLA AND CHEF G. GARVIN TURN UP THE HEAT AT ESSENCE MUSIC FESTIVAL
- Celebrity chef and author G. Garvin returns to ESSENCE Music Festival to bring his “Cooking with Coca-Cola and Chef G. Garvin” segment to a live audience at The Coca-Cola Red Lounge booth. Consumers will have the opportunity to watch Chef G. Garvin prepare a delicious, healthy meal they can easily replicate at home. Consumers in attendance will also have the opportunity to win a VIP Lunch with Chef G. Garvin through text-to-win at the booth.
- To keep the party going, Coca-Cola will also provide live entertainment to attendees at The Coca-Cola Red Lounge. There will be several hot and exciting R&B artists on hand, as well as fresh, new talent from New Orleans. Saturday, July 7, 2012; 1:30– 2:30 p.m.
Friday, July 6, 2012 – Sunday, July 8, 2012
COCA-COLA KEEPS ESSENCE MUSIC FESTIVAL GOERS REFRESHED AS THE SWELTER STOPPER MAKES ITS WAY TO THE BIG EASY
- Wondering how to survive the New Orleans heat during the ESSENCE Music Festival? The Coca-Cola Swelter Stopper will be onsite providing blasts of frosty air and “snowflakes” swirling throughout an ice bar, offering a “Perfect Serve” tasting experience of Coca-Cola beverages to keep attendees cool the entire weekend. Attendees are invited to sample Coca-Cola beverages, and enjoy a DJ who will be keeping the energy high. Interactive gaming, a video studio and photo stations are also available in this interactive “ice block” filled with Coca-Cola fun. This is one place festival goers certainly will not want to miss.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
CELEBRITY STYLIST EXTRAORDINAIRE, JUNE AMBROSE, LIGHTS UP THE STAGE DURING COCA-COLA’S MAINSTAGE MOMENTS AT ESSENCE MUSIC FESTIVAL
- Coca-Cola recognizes that while living a healthy lifestyle is important, it doesn’t hurt to feel good and look good too! That’s why Coca-Cola is giving away a “Style Refresh” to two lucky festival attendees during the Mainstage Moments with celebrity stylist June Ambrose. June’s client list includes Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Will Smith, Jay-Z and Kelly Ripa. She recently launched her own reality show on VH1 titled “Styled by June”. She also appeared on the television show X Factor USA as a judge.
- During a four-minute Mainstage Moment on Saturday, July 7, June Ambrose will talk about the importance of having the right wardrobe and introduce the “Style Refresh” contest. Concert attendees will have the opportunity to text-to-win during this main stage moment and the winners will be announced from the stage by June. “Style Refresh” winners will receive a shopping and styling experience with June at an exclusive, high--end retailer.
- June Ambrose will meet with consumer winners individually to discuss their personal style. After the consultation, the consumer will have 1.5 hours to shop. The entire experience will be captured on video and elements will be shared via social media and mobile applications.
The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world's most valuable brand, our Company's portfolio features 15 billion-dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.8 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system employees. For more information, please visit www.thecoca-colacompany.com or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/CocaColaCo.