SAN JOSE, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the immediate availability of Adobe® ColdFusion® 10 software, a premier server side technology designed to allow developers to create more dynamic and interactive Web applications for enterprises using the Java™ EE platform. ColdFusion 10 now offers built-in support for HTML5 and helps boost performance using Tomcat integration and enhanced caching. With the new hotfix installer and scheduler, ColdFusion 10 Enterprise Edition allows enterprise developers to improve productivity, while strengthening authentication and encryption techniques to make websites more secure.
“Adobe ColdFusion 10 offers a wide range of new features and improvements to quickly develop applications that respond faster to our users, including language enhancements, RESTful Web services and HTML5 Web sockets”
With a multitude of enhancements, ColdFusion 10 reduces complex business logic into a few lines of code, dramatically accelerating the development cycle. ColdFusion 10 brings in the same capability to HTML5 application development to help deliver rich user experiences through Web-sockets, video player, geo-tagging and interactive charting. Leveraging an array of built-in features, ColdFusion 10 gives developers the tools to condense enormous tasks into easily manageable projects and rapidly build and deploy scalable Java EE applications to satisfy large-scale business needs in the enterprise.
“In the world of rich internet applications, the latest HTML5 standards are pushing the limits of what developers can achieve on the Web,” said Tridib Roy Chowdhury, senior director of Products & GM-Web and eLearning, Adobe. “With the increase of content consumption on mobile devices and tablets, it has become critical for companies to provide a rich and consistent brand experience on mobile. Adobe is at the forefront of the HTML5 revolution, and ColdFusion 10 delivers the first server side solutions to help develop interactive HTML5 applications to deliver richer user experiences across multiple screens from desktops to tablets and smartphones. In ColdFusion 10, we’ve focused on helping enterprise Web developers improve their productivity in development, deployment and maintenance and helped them easily leverage the latest technologies of the day.”
New ColdFusion 10 features include:
- Built-in support for HTML5: Leverage the unique HTML5 integration and create richer user experiences using the Web-sockets, interactive charting, video player, and geo tagging. Publish data to multiple clients or execute a point-to-point data push with real-time server response.
- Tomcat integration: Experience enhanced performance from the built-in Tomcat application server that replaces Adobe JRun™ software. With active and vast support from the developer community, Tomcat implements the latest Web standards.
- Dynamic and interactive HTML5 charting: Access a large repository of interactive, client-side HTML5 charts and easily implement them using the built-in chart functionality. Create an enriched user experience by customizing charts, including charts that run in Adobe Flash® technology.
- Hotfix installer and notifications: Receive instant notifications of updates to ColdFusion via the ColdFusion Administrator and save time installing updates by using the one-click Hotfix installer.
- Security enhancements: Cross-site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks are major security threats for enterprises. ColdFusion 10 helps protect your server against such threats using the formidable security standards and the inherent functions to sanitize user input. Strengthen the authentication of your application using the enhanced login mechanism and improved session cookie management.
“Adobe ColdFusion 10 offers a wide range of new features and improvements to quickly develop applications that respond faster to our users, including language enhancements, RESTful Web services and HTML5 Web sockets,” said Sam Farmer, senior applications architect, FirstComp.
“Adobe ColdFusion 10 proves once again that year after year, it is far ahead of the competition in terms of features and performance, leaving others out there spending more time playing catch up rather than innovating,” said Jeff Coughlin, web application developer, Versatile Internet Solutions. “The enhanced Tomcat integration in Adobe ColdFusion 10 is a great selling point for developers. Tomcat integration will provide peace of mind with the security updates—especially my healthcare customers where security is a big concern.”
Pricing and Availability
ColdFusion 10 is available now in three editions. ColdFusion 10 Enterprise Edition is a high-performance solution for delivering multiple websites and applications on one or more servers, or on existing J2EE application server installations starting at an estimated street price of US$8,499. ColdFusion 10 Standard is an easy-to-manage configuration for single applications ideal for small to medium-sized businesses and available starting at an estimated street price of US$1,499. ColdFusion 10 Developer Edition, a full-featured server for development use only, is available as a no charge download. Low cost upgrade pricing is available to customers with valid licenses of ColdFusion 8 and ColdFusion 9. ColdFusion 10 is immediately available for purchase online from the Adobe Store, directly from Adobe, and through Adobe’s network of partners and resellers. For more information, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-enterprise.html. For a complementary trial, visit https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, ColdFusion, JRun and Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Java is a trademark or registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.