SAN JOSE, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced upcoming integration between the SAP NetWeaver® Gateway technology and Adobe® Flash® Builder™ 4.5, enabling the development of rich mobile and Web applications for the enterprise that leverage the power of SAP® applications. This new integration will allow developers to improve front-end experiences and extend SAP business and consumer processes, providing enterprise customers instant reach to critical business data across a broad range of devices and platforms, including Android, BlackBerry Tablet OS and iOS.
“Adobe’s continuing commitment to deliver highly productive tools is once again demonstrated with the announced integration between Flash Builder and SAP NetWeaver Gateway”
“SAP customers are already realizing the benefits of using Adobe Flash Builder and Flex to create rich applications for SAP systems,” said Michael Reh, senior vice president, technology and innovation platform, SAP AG. “The integration of Flash Builder with SAP NetWeaver Gateway will extend the value of SAP solutions within our customer base by making it significantly easier to create a new highly interactive use case with rich, high performance mobile and Web applications.”
Newly released, Flash Builder 4.5 software is an Eclipse™-based development tool for rapidly building expressive mobile, Web, and desktop applications using ActionScript® and the open source Flex framework. It includes new support for developing, testing and deploying mobile applications on Android, BlackBerry Tablet OS and iOS platforms. SAP NetWeaver Gateway, launched yesterday at the SAPPHIRE® NOW conference, is an open, standards-based framework providing a simple way to interact with SAP applications through any environment or device enabling rapid development of a new class of applications using any development tool.
“SAP NetWeaver Gateway provides a new level of openness to the core SAP application infrastructure,” said Ed Rowe, vice president of developer tooling, Adobe. “As we integrate Flash Builder with SAP NetWeaver Gateway, the power of the SAP platform is complemented with Flash Builder, enabling the rapid development of rich Web and mobile applications for Android, BlackBerry Tablet OS and iOS. As a result, the mobile workforce can take advantage of business critical applications that look great and perform well.”
Adobe Partner Program Feedback
- “We are seeing the increasing need by our clients for mobile capabilities, Web applications and instant access to data across multiple platforms,” said Bill Allison, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and SAP U.S. alliance lead. “The integration between Adobe’s Flash Builder and SAP NetWeaver Gateway can provide value to our mutual customers and strengthens our ability to provide comprehensive services in support of SAP solutions.”
- “Adobe’s continuing commitment to deliver highly productive tools is once again demonstrated with the announced integration between Flash Builder and SAP NetWeaver Gateway,” said Sébastien De Cock, SAP architect and RIA senior consultant at SQLi. “Having already developed many Flex-based RIA solutions on top of SAP solutions using Flash Builder, we are convinced that this new integration will significantly speed up and further industrialize the implementation process of such solutions. With the new support for building mobile applications included in Flash Builder, we expect to continue leveraging Flash Builder to bring us the competitive edge required to deliver engaging and high performance solutions to our customers.”
- “Flex applications have added significant customer value for our SAP implementations to date,” said François-Xavier Levy, innovation general manager at ALTI. “With the recently released mobile development support added to Flex and Flash Builder, and the new integration between Flash Builder and SAP NetWeaver Gateway, we will be able to more rapidly build and extend SAP applications to reach new audiences beyond the desktop and onto leading mobile device platforms.”
Adobe, in cooperation with SAP, expects to deliver a first public preview of the new integration between Flash Builder and SAP NetWeaver Gateway later this year. For more information, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/flashbuilder_sap.
- Learn more about building mobile apps with Flash Builder 4.5
- Download a 60-day free trial of Flash Builder 4.5
- Take the mobile test drive today
- Adobe Flash Builder and SAP NetWeaver Gateway Design Time Demonstration
- SAP's customer conference, SAPPHIRE NOW
- SAP NetWeaver Gateway enables access to SAP applications from any environment and any device, by any developer
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2011 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Flash and Flash Builder are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SAP, SAP NetWeaver, SAPPHIRE and all SAP logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SAP Forward-looking Statement
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.