PALO ALTO, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The First Regional Library, which serves patrons throughout Northern Mississippi, today announced that it is now offering Public Library Complete from ebrary®, a leading provider of digital content products and technologies. As part of the Public Library Complete program, patrons now have simultaneous, multi-user access to a growing collection of more than 21,000 e-books in multiple subject areas including career development, fiction, practical life skills, arts & leisure, and more.
“Additionally, we are thrilled that ebrary enables public libraries to support their local schools through access to a robust digital library from trusted publishers along with tools that make research quick and easy.”
Public Library Complete also includes a rich selection of e-books for schools and studying, and local high schools are eligible for complimentary onsite and offsite access. Schools that are interested in participating should contact Mrs. Marty Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We are very excited to offer a searchable database of e-books from ebrary that can be accessed by any number of patrons at the same time – no checkouts or downloads required,” said Catherine Nathan, Director of First Regional Library. “Additionally, we are thrilled that ebrary enables public libraries to support their local schools through access to a robust digital library from trusted publishers along with tools that make research quick and easy.”
“ebrary is very proud to have such an innovative institution as the First Regional Library be among our growing community of public library customers,” said Leslie Lees, ebrary’s Vice President of Content Development. “We look forward to working with First Regional Library to better understand the digital content needs of public libraries as well as the patrons that they serve.”
Key Benefits of Public Library Complete:
- A growing collection of more than 21,000 full-text e-books from leading publishers such as Random House, Penguin, The McGraw-Hill Companies, and Taylor & Francis in multiple subject areas for schools & studying, career development, fiction, practical life skills, arts & leisure, and more. It also includes more than 4,200 Spanish language titles. Preview the selection at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/publiclibrarytitles.
- Affordable, subscription-based pricing with simultaneous, multi-user access – no checkouts required.
- Free access for public high schools within the library’s service district.
- DASH! for uploading, integrating, and sharing searchable databases of government forms, community college programs, ephemera, special collections, and more.
- Complimentary marketing services and 24/7 web-based training with a real person.
Additional Key Features and Benefits
- Highly affordable with discounts for states, systems and consortia.
- Available 24/7 through any web enabled device including the iPad -- no cumbersome downloads.
- Continued collection growth at no extra cost throughout the subscription term.
- Text-to-speech and other accessibility features.
- Free MARC records.
- COUNTER-compliant usage statistics.
Powerful tools for easy researching:
- Multiple options for searching, navigating, and browsing.
- ebrary InfoTools™, which turns every word into a portal to additional information on the web. InfoTools can be customized to link patrons to resources of the library’s choice.
- Notes and highlights that are automatically stored on a personal bookshelf.
- Ability to copy/paste and print text with automatic citations and URL hyperlinks back to the source.
- Personal bookshelves with moveable folders that can be emailed to others.
- Much more!
About ebrary (www.ebrary.com)
ebrary helps libraries, corporations, publishers, and consumers get the most out of their digital content. The company offers a growing selection of more than 170,000 digital books, handbooks, reports, maps, journals and other valuable content from over 425 of the world’s leading publishers under flexible subscription, purchase, and usage-based models. Additionally, ebrary offers content services—DASH! (do-it-yourself), Software as a Service (SaaS) and licensed—for customers to cost-effectively distribute their own PDF content online.
All ebrary products and services can be integrated and delivered via a single easy-to-use interface that includes powerful tools for finding, discovering, and managing information. With ebrary InfoTools™, every word in the ebrary system is a network to other online resources of the customer’s choice, extending content value while increasing end-user knowledge and efficiencies.
Founded in 1999, ebrary is privately held and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, USA.