IRVINE, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, a leader in mobile computing solutions, today announced the 15.4-inch Satellite Pro® S300 and 14.1-inch Satellite Pro S300M laptops. Building upon the Satellite Pro product family’s quality and success, Toshiba will include a two-year, standard limited warranty(1) on these new laptop PCs.
“Since its re-launch in October 2007, the Satellite Pro has consistently been one of the top-three selling laptops in the $600 - $999 price band”
These latest Satellite Pro laptops were designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba resulting in high-quality laptops at an affordable price. They feature Toshiba’s innovative fourth-generation EasyGuard® Technology(2) with PC Health Monitor, built-in support for docking, and convenient Business Card Reader and Face Recognition software. The Satellite Pro S300M has a starting price of $899 (MSRP)(3), while the Satellite Pro S300 starts at an even more affordable price of $829 (MSRP)(3).
“Since its re-launch in October 2007, the Satellite Pro has consistently been one of the top-three selling laptops in the $600 - $999 price band,” said Carl Pinto, vice president, product development and marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “Toshiba has equipped these new Satellite Pro laptop PCs with even more mobility features and have added value by covering the Satellite Pro S300M and S300 laptop PC series with a two-year limited warranty, increasing the laptop’s appeal in today’s current economic conditions.”
Multimedia: Satellite Pro S300 and Satellite Pro S300M
Toshiba’s Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 feature the following value-add features:
Complete product specifications for all Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 laptops are available at www.explore.toshiba.com/laptops/satellitepro/S300M or www.explore.toshiba.com/laptops/satellitepro/S300.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(6), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide mobile products and solutions, including industry leading portable computers; projectors; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and telephony equipment and associated applications.
TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of information products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, which is a global leader in high technology and integrated manufacturing of electrical and electronic components, products and systems, as well as major infrastructure systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies, with 198,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing $76 billion. For more information on Toshiba's leading innovations, visit the company's Web site at www.toshiba.com.
1. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
2. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard™ technology comprises a number of features, some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information.
3. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturer's Suggested Retail price.”
4. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba’s standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
5. USB Sleep & Charge. The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
6. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at www.info.toshiba.com.
© 2008 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba today announced the 15.4-inch Satellite Pro® S300 and 14.1-inch Satellite Pro S300M laptops featuring a two-year, standard limited warranty.
laptop, laptop computer, laptop computers, laptop pc, toshiba