ARDON, Switzerland--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The two companies have agreed that the Italian De’Longhi Group acquires 40% of the Swiss Eversys Group, to include a two-way option whereby the remaining 60% would be transferred to De’Longhi within the next two to four years.
“For Eversys the partnership with De’Longhi creates a significant potential of synergies, which will contribute to accelerate and secure our ambitious development plans. In addition, it offers the midterm possibility for the founders and current shareholders to resolve their succession strategy”
Eversys SA, located in Ardon (VS), specialises in the engineering, manufacturing and international commercialisation of fully automatic espresso machines, designed for the professional Horeca market. The company, founded in 2009, achieved a turnover of 17.3m CHF in 2016 with 51 employees.
The Italian De’Longhi Group is a leading stock listed manufacturer of household appliance products and is the global market leader in the segment of coffee machines for the home. In 2016 the group achieved a turnover of €1.85bn and employs over 7,100 people in multiple countries.
With the investment in Eversys, De’Longhi takes the first step into the professional espresso coffee market, with a focus on the fully automatic machines segment.
“Eversys brings a wealth of technology, a management team with proven experience in the sector and the ambition to become a leading player in the global professional coffee market. This partnership is also driven by the technological, industrial and distribution synergies, which De’Longhi is able to assure” says Fabio De’Longhi, Vice-Chairman and CEO of the De’Longhi Group.
“For Eversys the partnership with De’Longhi creates a significant potential of synergies, which will contribute to accelerate and secure our ambitious development plans. In addition, it offers the midterm possibility for the founders and current shareholders to resolve their succession strategy” says Martin Strehl, Chairman and Delegate of the Board of Eversys.
Eversys will continue to operate as a strategically separate entity, led by the previous management team and remaining located in the Region of the Valais, in Switzerland.
The closing of the transaction is expected before mid-July 2017.