PHOENIX--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW) will meet in Seattle on April 27-29 to focus on the future of business news. The conference program features big ideas and Ted-style talks, hands-on skills development, and more time for member networking. Attendees will go back to their newsrooms with plenty to use and share.
- A Conversation with Michael Shane: Innovating in the Age of Platforms
- Guess What? People in Their 20s and 30s Love Business News
- 3D Printing: The Future of Manufacturing
- Content + Coffee: Storytelling Lessons from One of the World’s Top Brands
- When a Businessman Becomes President: Covering Trump
- Personal Finance for the Uber Generation
- Creating Effective Infographics When Words Are Your Jam
- CNBC Makes It Happen
- How Drawing Pictures Can Make You a Better Journalist
- You’d Better Know Your Audience: Lessons from CNNMoney’s War Room
- Robots Will Change Your Newsroom: Are You Ready?
- How to Shoot Excellent – and Easily Shareable – Video
- Smart Search to Drive Stories
- The Magic of Millennials
- Virtual Reality: 360 in Your Business Reporting
- Why InfoSec Should Be Your Favorite New Buzzword
- That Sound You Hear is a Drone
- Diving Deep into Data Visualization
- The Business of News: Successful Startups Talk Shop
- Red Flags and Hidden Gems in Financial Documents
- Your First Job: Where to Look, What to Say, How to Stand Out
- Thursday, April 27 – The Future of Business News Welcome Reception at The Seattle Times, sponsored by the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism.
- Friday, April 28 – The Future of Business News Networking Reception at The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, sponsored by Reuters.
- Saturday, April 29 – Best in Business Awards Reception sponsored by B2BCFO.
- Saturday, April 29 – Best in Business Dinner and Award Ceremony sponsored by Bloomberg News.
- Lawrence Ingrassia, managing editor, Los Angeles Times
- Timothy L. O’Brien, executive editor, Bloomberg Gadfly and Bloomberg View
- Michael Shane, global head of digital innovation, Bloomberg LP
- Jon Steinberg, founder and CEO, Cheddar TV
- Leezel Tanglao, assistant managing editor of programming, CNNMoney
- Jay Yarrow, digital executive editor, CNBC
- Jenna Goudreau, managing editor, CNBC Make It
- Sally French, social media editor and drone reporter, MarketWatch
- Reg Chua, executive editor, Editorial Operations, Data and Innovation, Reuters
- Marilyn Geewax, senior business news editor, National Public Radio
- Lisa Gibbs, global business editor, Associated Press
- Craig Douglas, director, editorial data and analysis, ACBJ
- Aki Ito, digital technology editor, Bloomberg
- Rajiv Chandrasekaran, senior vice president, Public Affairs, Starbucks
- Olivia Martin, digital security fellow, Freedom of the Press Foundation
To purchase a full conference registration, day passes or tickets to evening events go to sabew17.sched.com.