AUGUSTA, Ga.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Intersport and Washington Speakers Bureau today hosted the nation’s top business leaders at West Lake Country Club in Augusta, Ga. for the inaugural Executive Marketers Leadership Summit where former CIA Director John Brennan and culinary innovator José Andrés were the featured speakers. Editor-in-Chief of Business Insider U.S. Alyson Shontell served as the moderator of the Summit that featured discussions with these two inspirational leaders who provided insight into the critical moments that altered their lives and careers.
“The most important thing for anyone that is going to be taking on that responsibility is to use your first period of time, whether it be six, nine, or 12 months, to learn as much as you can about the organization that you are going to be running.”
For 25 years, Intersport has welcomed business leaders and celebrities from around the world to their Double Eagle Club in Augusta, Ga. The Summit further expands the Chicago-based company’s effort to help business leaders build lasting relationships in the backdrop of the world’s most prestigious golf tournament. A select group of more than 25 brand CMO’s and Senior Vice Presidents of marketing, sponsorship and media were in attendance for the invite only Summit.
Below are highlights from the conversations with John Brennan and José Andrés.
Conversation with John Brennan - CIA Director (2013-17)
On President Trump:
- “To me, one of the marks of good leaders is recognizing that what made you successful in this area or realm is not necessarily what’s going to make you successful in something else. You have to adapt to the realities, to the new responsibilities and to the operating environment that you’re in, and I don’t see that adaptation yet (from President Trump).”
On his advice for current CIA Director Mike Pompeo and leaders in
- “The most important thing for anyone that is going to be taking on that responsibility is to use your first period of time, whether it be six, nine, or 12 months, to learn as much as you can about the organization that you are going to be running.”
On the United States’ role in global politics:
- “We (the United States) have exceptional good fortune, and to me that requires us to do what we can to have this world as stable and peaceful as possible because we are an interconnected world.”
Conversation with José Andrés - culinary innovator, TV personality, and owner of Think Food Group
On how to achieve innovation:
- “In life and our professions, when we move away from our comfort zone, things really start clicking.”
On his key to success:
- “What I’ve learned in life is that if you knock on the door and they don’t open the door, you keep knocking, and if they still don’t open, you should go through the window. You don’t give excuses about why you should have done something.”
On taking criticism:
- “You are in partnership with (your customers). If they decide to invest money in your restaurant, they are your partners. So you want to believe that they have the best intentions when they tell you something. We cannot keep seeing the people coming to our restaurants as guests. As soon as you look at customers as partners, the business model changes completely because you don’t take it as bad criticism, but instead as a partner that is trying to make the business better.”
For video clips, quotes and photos, please contact Intersport’s Steve Flaherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1985, Intersport has been an award-winning innovator and leader in the creation of sports, lifestyle, and entertainment-based media and marketing platforms with seven best-in-class practices; Media Production and Distribution, Sponsorship Consulting, Experiential Marketing, Hospitality, Customer Engagement, Content Marketing and Stadium Event Properties. This Chicago-based company is ranked number one for ideas, content, and experiences for rights holders, brands and consumers.
About Double Eagle Club
Augusta, Georgia is home to the world’s most prestigious golf tournament and is the perfect backdrop for building lasting business relationships. For 25 years, the Double Eagle Club and its dedicated team have welcomed business leaders and celebrities from around the world, including some of America’s most recognized companies. For every client, the Double Eagle Club team has built customized hospitality programs for the Masters and impeccably delivered on each custom-designed program providing an amazing experience for all who have entered the Club.
The Double Eagle Club was named for Gene Sarazen’s historic shot on hole 15 in 1935 and the southern ambiance provides the ultimate in corporate hospitality in an intimate country-club-like setting. Located across the street from the famed tournament grounds, this members-only Club turns the toughest ticket in sports into an unsurpassed business-building opportunity.
About Washington Speakers Bureau
The Washington Speakers Bureau books speakers from the worlds of business, media, politics, sports, and beyond for meetings, conferences, and special events. WSB helps clients find appropriate keynote speakers, book them, and arrange travel and all the other details as part of its services. The speakers are a diverse bunch, ranging from Tom Peters, Katie Couric, Condoleezza Rice, Rudy Giuliani, and Sarah Palin, Madeleine Albright and Joe Torre. The WSB also offers motivational and humorous speakers.