--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Hosted by 14-year old entrepreneur Mercer Henderson, this teen entrepreneurship conference will tout some of the biggest names in social media and tech. The half day event is aimed to help tweens to teens learn how to be socially smart, manage their online social presence and take ideas from concept to market.
WHEN: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM PDT (pre-registration check in at 8:00 AM)
WHERE: Jewish Community Center - 3200 California Street. San Francisco, CA 94118
* Close to public transportation. SF Muni: #1 California #2 Clement
#3 Jackson #43 Masonic, drop in front of JCC;
* By BART (East Bay) Exit at Montgomery St., short uber/cab to JCC
WHO: Tweens to Teens ages 8-16 in the Bay Area eager to learn how to grow and build their social media presence, build a business, act on a dream, find their passion, and be at the forefront of social good.
DETAILS [Meet & Greet Opportunities]
- Asia Monet Ray, actress, with starring roles on Grey’s Anatomy, American Crime Story and more
- Jill and Kendall Vertes, stars of Dance Moms, one of the most recognized mother/daughter teams in the world
- Selina Tobaccawala, Former CEO of Survey Monkey and founder of Gixo
- Tina Sharkey, entrepreneur and co-founder/CEO of Brandless
- John Battelle, entrepreneur, author, and journalist
- Erin Cullum, PopSugar Editor
- Cassandra Bankson, creator of ISPY and make up expert with 800K YouTube followers
- Christine O’Brien, co-founder of 500 Startups and SVB executive
WHAT: Teenagers love technology and social media but often lack the understanding on how to manage their personal brand. This conference will offer:
- Short, informative chats/panels with some of the most respected, hippest and smartest peeps in the tech & media industry, on finding your passion, creating a new market, funding your idea, and more.
- Discussions with John Battelle and Tina Sharkey on what it means to be “socially smart.”
- Q&A with co-founder of 500 Startups Christine O’Brien on “Funding Your Idea.”
Q&A with TV and music star Asia Monet Ray discussing the rise to fame,
- How do you get to one million followers? What it is like to have a public social brand?
- Q&A with Kendall Vertes and Jill Vertes, one of the most recognized mother-daughter teams as the stars of Dance Moms and commanding social media with a combined 8 million followers
- Chat with Cassandra Bankson, YouTube Beauty Genius, on how social media changed her life.
- Free for kids ages 8-16
- Lunch and Snacks Included
- Seats are limited and attendees MUST register via Eventbrite http://bit.ly/2kRlG3l
- Parents/guardians/adults accompanying kids will be asked to make a small donation of $10- $25 which will be distributed to https://thesashaprojectla.com/