IRVINE, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--CrowdStrike® Inc., the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, today announced that it has been named a Leader in the Endpoint Segment of the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Endpoint Specialized Threat Analysis and Protection (STAP) 2017 Vendor Assessment (doc #US42385717, April 2017).
“Our leadership position in this year’s IDC MarketScape on Endpoint STAP continues the strong momentum of industry recognition and external validation for CrowdStrike’s revolutionary approach to endpoint protection”
According to the IDC MarketScape research report, CrowdStrike Falcon®, “stands above competitive offerings by offering extremely robust prevention capabilities and a highly navigable management console that should be appealing to incident responders.”
Among the strengths highlighted in the report are CrowdStrike’s unique cloud infrastructure and the resulting ease and speed of deployment, its industry-leading single-agent architecture for minimal end-user impact, and CrowdStrike’s API-first approach. Additionally, the report states that customers consistently praise the CrowdStrike Threat Graph™ and the unique CrowdStrike Falcon OverWatch™ managed hunting service offering.
Other highlights from the IDC MarketScape report include:
- CrowdStrike Falcon can be deployed as both next-generation antivirus (AV) and also be configured as a fully capable endpoint threat detection solution with strong detection, prevention, activity recording, historical search, and forensics capabilities.
- One of CrowdStrike's major differentiators is its ability to roll out the platform in days rather than months as with some other competitive solutions. The Falcon agent uses 10mb of RAM, 15mb of disk space, and uses less than 1 percent of CPU. This means both rapid deployment and low system latency while delivering robust machine learning and file reputation capabilities.
- The Threat Graph capability is one that customers consistently praise. It analyzes and correlates over 34 billion events per day from millions of sensors deployed across 176 countries, uniquely providing crowdsourced protection for the entire customer community. Additionally, because it provides full and comprehensive record of all security events, incident responders can leverage detailed information about correlated threat indicators, such as the timestamp when an attacker establishes a backdoor, is leveraging a privileged account or is manipulating a Windows Powershell command prompt.
- CrowdStrike strikes a major differentiator from competitor solutions by arming enterprise incident responders with tools and forensics data for rapid incident response through a completely SaaS-delivered solution.
- Customers can leverage the CrowdStrike APIs to work with just about any security solution. The streaming and query APIs are a leap above competitive solutions that limit the ability of customers to integrate with third-party security solutions.
“Our leadership position in this year’s IDC MarketScape on Endpoint STAP continues the strong momentum of industry recognition and external validation for CrowdStrike’s revolutionary approach to endpoint protection,” said George Kurtz, CrowdStrike’s co-founder and chief executive office. “The report highlights many of the strengths and unique differentiators that make our customers confidently turn to us for the protection they need to stop breaches today and be prepared for new attacks as they evolve.”
CrowdStrike Falcon is the first cloud-native endpoint protection solution and the only platform that unifies next-generation AV, endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 threat hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. The company’s latest platform update introduced enhanced endpoint machine learning capabilities, bolstering its next-generation AV capabilities. As highlighted in the IDC MarketScape report, with CrowdStrike Falcon, customers have the flexibility to best meet their needs by replacing their AV or augmenting it with endpoint detection and response capabilities and managed hunting.
For additional information, read a blog by George Kurtz, CrowdStrike’s co-founder and chief executive office, here.
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection. CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. The CrowdStrike Falcon™ platform, certified to replace legacy AV, has reinvented how endpoint security is delivered with its industry-leading, cloud-native architecture. CrowdStrike Falcon protects customers against all cyber attacks, using sophisticated signatureless artificial intelligence/machine learning and Indicator-of-Attack (IOA) based threat prevention to stop known and unknown threats in real-time. Core to its innovative approach is the CrowdStrike Threat Graph™ which analyzes and correlates over 34 billion events per day from millions of sensors deployed across 176 countries, uniquely providing crowdsourced protection for the entire customer community.
Many of the world’s largest organizations put their trust in CrowdStrike, including three of the 10 largest global companies by revenue, five of the 10 largest financial institutions, three of the top 10 healthcare providers, and three of the top 10 energy companies.
We Stop Breaches. Learn more: https://www.crowdstrike.com/
© 2017 CrowdStrike, Inc. All rights reserved. CrowdStrike®, CrowdStrike Falcon®, CrowdStrike Threat Graph™, CrowdStrike Falcon Prevent™, Falcon Prevent™, CrowdStrike Falcon Insight™, Falcon Insight™, CrowdStrike Falcon Discover™, Falcon Discover™, CrowdStrike Falcon Intelligence™, Falcon Intelligence™, CrowdStrike Falcon DNS™, Falcon DNS™, CrowdStrike Falcon OverWatch™, and Falcon OverWatch™ are the trademarks of CrowdStrike, Inc. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.