BOSTON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--iboss, provider of the first and only distributed gateway platform, announced today a ground-breaking platform and packaging model that will change the traditional secure web gateway market, a market estimated to reach a value of $5.6B by 20201 and currently dominated by on-premises appliances.
“A single SaaS license that offers the comprehensive advantages and flexibility of integrated, distributed proxy-based web protection represents important movement toward customers’ long-term best interests.”
To address the cybersecurity needs of distributed organizations, iboss is the first and only Distributed Gateway Platform that leverages an elastic, node-based architecture built for the cloud. It is designed to solve the dual challenges of providing advanced security for today’s distributed organizations and scaling to meet the ever-increasing bandwidth demands of global enterprises – without the need for customers to ever buy and manage expensive on-premises appliances again.
"Network security demand increasingly favors value and simplicity; a big shift is on, technologically and economically,” said Dan Cummins, Senior Information Security analyst with 451 Research. “A single SaaS license that offers the comprehensive advantages and flexibility of integrated, distributed proxy-based web protection represents important movement toward customers’ long-term best interests."
“iboss is disrupting the traditional SWG market and putting other vendors on notice – it’s time to stop fleecing enterprises with costly legacy appliances, data backhauling costs and complex, opaque pricing and packaging models,” said Paul Martini, iboss CEO. “We are changing the way cybersecurity is delivered and managed; the iboss Distributed Gateway Platform provides protection for distributed organizations in a 100% SaaS subscription that is as easy and straightforward as buying Office 365.”
Unlike traditional appliance and bolt-on hybrid cloud solutions, the iboss Distributed Gateway Platform delivers operational, financial and technological benefits including:
- Eliminates backhaul costs: Eliminates the need to backhaul data and expensive bandwidth, infrastructure (i.e. VPN and MPLS links), and legacy SWG appliances, delivering immediate ROI.
- No network reconfiguration: The unique architecture allows for the drop-in replacement of legacy SWG appliances with no disruption to the existing network topology, configuration, or processes, which shortens implementation time and reduces costs.
- Eliminates CAPEX costs: Customers never buy secure web gateway hardware appliances again to add capacity, new features, or manage legacy end-of-life upgrades.
- Data center savings: Eliminates ancillary power, space and operating costs associated with server farms and load balancers.
- On-demand scalability: Elastic scaling enables customers to easily add target capacity and capabilities to support organizational growth, increased bandwidth, and device requirements.
- Total control: Unique non-shared cloud and local gateways put control of change management schedules with customers and improves overall system security.
- Consistent user experience: No matter the combination of cloud and local gateways an organization chooses to deploy, all features, functions, policies and security services are consistent across the distributed enterprise regardless of device or location.
Join iboss and 451 Research on Wednesday, April 27 @ 12 noon ET for an exclusive best-practices webinar titled: The Network Security Paradigm Shift – 5 Essential Optimization Strategies. 451 Research Information Security analyst Dan Cummins will discuss actionable strategies for overcoming the technical and operational challenges of securing modern networks with remote offices and mobile workers. Follow this link to register: https://www.iboss.com/the-network-security-paradigm-shift-5-essential-optimization-strategies
To learn more about the iboss Distributed Gateway Platform and its revolutionary delivery and packaging model, visit: https://www.iboss.com/product-packaging.
iboss has created the first and only Distributed Gateway Platform specifically designed to solve the challenge of securing distributed organizations. Built for the cloud, iboss leverages an elastic, node-based architecture that provides advanced security for today’s decentralized organizations and scales to meet the ever-increasing bandwidth needs of tomorrow. The iboss Distributed Gateway Platform is backed by more than 100 patents and protects over 4,000 organizations worldwide, making iboss one of the fastest growing cybersecurity companies in the world. To learn more, visit www.iboss.com.
1) Markets and Markets. (2015, May). Secure Web Gateway Market - Global forecast to 2020 [Press release]. Retrieved from http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/secure-web-gateways.asp