PHILADLEPHIA--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--City officials announced this morning that registration for the three major races on Philadelphia Marathon Weekend opens Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Interested runners can register online at: http://philadelphiamarathon.com/
Runners can sign up for the Philadelphia Marathon, to be held Sunday, Nov. 19; as well as the Half-Marathon and 8K, which will be held Saturday, Nov. 18. Runners who register by midnight April 3rd will receive a ten percent discount.
Race officials have planned a number of improvements this year to enhance the running experience:
- The ability to register via Facebook
- An improved half-marathon race course, designed to provide more city running while still including some of the most scenic parts of Fairmount Park
- The return of the Liberty Bell medal
- Special challenge awards for runners who complete both the Half- and Full-Marathon, or the 8K and Full-Marathon
- The opportunity for runners to receive their bibs and information via mail for added convenience
- Incorporation of the RaceJoy App to provide real-time performance information and the ability for family and friends to show their support at the race and from around the world
- A bigger and better finish-line festival with live music, food trucks, kiddie rides and other entertainment
About the Philadelphia Marathon
The Philadelphia Marathon weekend welcomes nearly 30,000 runners, 60,000 spectators, and 3,000 volunteers each year. Race Weekend 2017 features the Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday, November 19; the Half Marathon, 8K and Kids Fun Run on Saturday, November 18; and a free two-day Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, November 17 and Saturday, November 18. Race participants pass many of Philadelphia's famous attractions on the swift and scenic USATF-certified course, which is a Boston qualifier. Take the first step to experiencing 26.2 miles of fun, beauty, history and excitement by registering at philadelphiamarathon.com.