MADISON, Wis.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The International Forum on Consciousness, Conscious Evolution: Awakening Through the Senses will be held May 18–19, 2017, in Madison, Wisconsin. A mix of presenters will both discuss and guide experiences using the five (or more) senses to provide insight on how this might impact our understanding of self, community, and our place on this planet. The forum will explore how altering our awareness of sensorial inputs might create a change in our awareness of all aspects of reality and expand consciousness in positive directions for ourselves and others.
|The International Forum on Consciousness is a yearly event dedicated to information-sharing and discussion regarding important—and often challenging—topics related to the exploration of consciousness. It is co-hosted by the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center Institute (BTC Institute) and Promega Corporation.|
|May 18-19, 2017|
|BioPharmaceutical Technology Center, Promega Corporation, 5445 East Cheryl Parkway, Fitchburg, WI 53711|
The International Forum on Consciousness is open to the general public but limited to 300 participants. Registration is $250 and there are a limited number of scholarships available to assist with the cost. Forum registrants also have the opportunity to join a presenter for a small group discussion over dinner on Thursday evening, May 18 for an additional $85. For more information or to register, visit: https://www.btci.org/consciousness/.
- Diane Ackerman, Bestselling Author, Poet and Naturalist, Ithaca, NY
- Rebecca Alban Hoffberger, Founder and Director, American Visionary Art Museum, Baltimore, MD
- Jon Brouchoud, M. Arch, Owner and Founder, Arch Virtual, Madison, WI
- E. Kelly Fitzsimmons, Cofounder and Managing Partner, Custom Reality Services, Milwaukee, WI
- William Linton, President & CEO, Promega Corporation, Madison, WI (Moderator)
- Joseph McMoneagle, Retired Chief Warrant Officer, United States Army, Charlottesville, VA
- Lisa O’Connor, Integrative Practices Specialist, Promega Corporation, Madison, WI
- Jason Padgett, Aspiring number theorist & mathematician (Acquired Savant Syndrome & synesthesia), Tacoma, WA
- Steve Paulson, Executive Producer, To The Best of Our Knowledge, Wisconsin Public Radio and Public Radio International, Madison, WI (Panel Moderator)
- John Preston, Acupuncturist, Meditation Teacher and Community Leader, Cortes Island, British Columbia, Canada
- Louie Schwartzberg Cinematographer, Director and Producer, BlackLight Films and Moving Art™, Los Angeles, CA
- Andrea Stevenson Won, Ph.D., Director of the Virtual Embodiment Lab and Assistant Professor, Department of Communication, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Malynn Utzinger, M.D., Director, Integrative Practices, Promega Corporation, Madison, WI
About the BTC Institute
The BTC Institute is a not-for-profit organization operated exclusively for educational, scientific and cultural purposes. Learn more about its K–12 programs, scientific course offerings, and annual educational forums and symposia at http://www.btci.org/.