SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--With the digital supply chain transformation underway, retailers have an opportunity to reinvent their strategies from the consumer perspective to best address shopper expectations. This is particularly pertinent from within the store, on the floor and on the shelf, where retailers have the biggest opportunity to impact consumer purchase decisions immediately. Additionally, there is ongoing pressure for retailers to profitably satisfy customer demand and differentiate their brand to remain competitive. In response to these market demands, JDA Software Group, Inc. today introduced new capabilities within JDA® Category Management that increase the collaboration capabilities between category managers and store managers as well as with manufacturers, and enhanced capabilities that give retailers the ability to thrive in this rapidly evolving market.
“The future of category management lies within the ability to foster real-time collaboration both internally between store and category managers, and externally, with suppliers and manufacturing partners, to deliver a more fluid, responsive category management plan that falls in line with consumer expectations.”
“In today’s customer-centric retail environment, getting merchandise assortments right the first time is crucial to shopper satisfaction as well as profitability. Given this, we have enhanced several components within JDA Category Management to move JDA further towards the goal of providing an ‘always on’ category management platform that runs at the speed of retail,” said Todd McCourtie, senior director, solutions strategy, JDA. “We have simplified many aspects of the assortment and space optimization processes to empower category managers to not only create customer-centric planograms, but to also unite retailers and manufacturers together in the planning process for more granular, localized assortments every time.”
In today's global economy, customers are demanding a more relevant, seamless and personalized shopping experience. Shopper behaviors, wants and needs are shifting faster than category managers can respond. With this in mind, JDA Category Management now enables a more agile, proactive planning process that can take into account shifting market dynamics and refine plans on the fly.
Key enhancements include:
- Improved assortment collaboration: Via JDA Open Access, retailers can collaborate with internal stakeholders or trading partners via a web interface to review scorecard measures when creating assortments. Stores can review and provide feedback to proposed assortment plans to better align merchandise with local preferences and demand.
- Consistent user interface: Taking into account direct customer input, JDA has redesigned its user interface (UI) across JDA Category Management to provide a more consistent user experience. The UI refresh provides a modern user experience with optimized usability. The Open Access Mobile application has been restyled to deliver a modern look and feel with enhanced intuitive navigation.
- Localized space plans and what-if scenario planning: Space planners can now analyze the outcome of their merchandising rules for localized space plans before they run them. This allows for proactive what-if scenario planning which alerts planners to errors or warnings before the space plans are generated. This enables more successful, profitable merchandise plans with less user interaction.
“With this release, we continue toward our vision of empowering retailers and manufacturers to create localized assortment and space plans, and new capabilities that help them sense and respond to in-store expectations proactively,” continued McCourtie. “The future of category management lies within the ability to foster real-time collaboration both internally between store and category managers, and externally, with suppliers and manufacturing partners, to deliver a more fluid, responsive category management plan that falls in line with consumer expectations.”
- Read the JDA Supply Chain Nation blog: Meeting the Need for Personalized Shopping Experiences with Category Management.
JDA will host several sessions on category management at JDA
FOCUS 2017 April 25-28 including:
- JDA Future Series: "Always-on" Cognitive Category Management, April 26, 1:30 p.m.
- JDA Category Knowledge Base and Open Access Innovations, April 26, 2:45 p.m.
- Integrating Assortment Insights into the Category Management Process, April 27, 11:00 a.m.
- Attend the Digital Transformation Directive Webinar on March 21, featuring Kevin O’Marah from SCM World, A Gartner Community.
- Meet with JDA at Shoptalk 2017, March 19-21 in Las Vegas.
- Join JDA at the Category Management & Shopper Insights Conference, May 15-17 in Las Vegas.
- Watch this video on the future of category management.
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading provider of seamless supply chain planning and execution solutions for retailers, manufacturers, logistics providers and wholesale distributors. Our unmatched solution portfolio enables our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve visibility so they can deliver on customer promises every time. More than 4,000 global customers run JDA, including 73 of the top 100 retailers, 71 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 13 of the top 16 3PLs. With JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.