GLENDALE, Ariz.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Redflex Traffic Systems®, Inc., a leading provider of public safety technology throughout North America, has been honored with a Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce 2017 IMPACT Award. Recognized as an “Exceptional Innovator,” the award is a testament to company’s longstanding record of developing road safety programs and products that have helped hundreds of municipalities reduce dangerous driving behaviors and save thousands of lives.
“A commitment to innovation is one of our core values. We work hard to provide the team with the support they need to think critically and creatively, and develop new solutions that make our roads safer.”
Celebrating its 30th anniversary, the IMPACT Awards honor companies in the Phoenix-metro area for their leadership in the business community and positive impact on the economy. The Chamber, which is among the largest business associations in the Southwestern United States, conducts a thorough evaluation of each company’s history, commitment to its mission, dedication to the community and eagerness to innovate.
"We are honored to be recognized by the Phoenix Chamber for our commitment to innovation," said Redflex President and CEO Michael Finn. "In an ever-changing marketplace, we pride ourselves on our ability to adapt quickly and arrive at solutions that have been proven to save lives, reduce costs and make government more responsive to taxpayers. This award is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff.”
While Redflex is best known for operating automated red-light and speed camera programs, the company has helped pioneer numerous facets of the traffic safety industry. For instance:
- Redflex was the first to design, engineer and manufacture all of its traffic safety systems from beginning to end, which saves local governments money.
- Redflex also led the market in deploying portable handheld photo speed enforcement programs, which combine the best in technology and officer-based enforcement.
- The company spearheaded the nation’s first school bus stop-arm enforcement program, Redflex Student Guardian, which protects children as they enter and exit the bus.
- Among the company’s most notable and impactful innovations: Redflex Intelligent Collision Preemption System (ICPS), a comprehensive photo enforcement solution that can anticipate when a vehicle is about to run a red light and hold the “all red” phase until the offending vehicle has cleared the intersection. This solution prevents T-bone crashes, which are the deadliest type of collision. Further, detection and monitoring capabilities can be customized to suit municipality needs, such as red-light running, speeding, gridlock prevention and license plate recognition.
- Products have also been developed to protect roadside workers and pedestrians, and curb traffic congestion.
Redflex’s leadership team is dedicated to responding quickly to its customers’ needs, a concept that’s interwoven throughout the company’s culture, says Finn. “A commitment to innovation is one of our core values. We work hard to provide the team with the support they need to think critically and creatively, and develop new solutions that make our roads safer.”
Redflex and seven other IMPACT Award winners will be honored at the 30th Annual IMPACT Awards luncheon on Wednesday, May 10 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Arizona Biltmore. Tickets are $80 for Chamber members and $95 for non-members. Tables of 10 are $900 for Chamber members and $1,050 for non-members. Register at www.phoenixchamber.com/impact.
To learn more about Redflex systems and solutions, visit www.redflex.com.
About Redflex Traffic Systems®, Inc.
Headquartered in Glendale, Arizona, Redflex Traffic Systems manufactures and operates technology that has been proven to prevent crashes and deter dangerous driving behaviors such as red-light running, speeding and passing stopped school buses. Specialized solutions have been developed to improve safety at railroad crossings, in construction zones and at pedestrian crossings. Further, Redflex’s suite of municipal services includes license plate tracking and software to help municipalities track and collect unpaid city fines and fees. Redflex serves more than 150 communities across the Americas. More at www.redflex.com.