JACKSONVILLE, Fla.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Today, Southeastern Grocers, parent company of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, continued to expand its Hispanic banner to 11 stores by unveiling five new Fresco y Más stores throughout Miami, FL and Hialeah, FL during ribbon-cutting ceremonies at each location at 10 a.m.
“As Fresco y Más continues to evolve in South Florida, we are meeting the expanding consumer demand of providing more communities with an authentic Hispanic grocery store.”
Based on the success of the previous six Fresco y Más stores, which opened between June-December 2016, the company has tailored each new Fresco y Más to provide an authentic Hispanic grocery store experience with the products and services that meet the needs of each community.
Ian McLeod, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers said, “As Fresco y Más continues to evolve in South Florida, we are meeting the expanding consumer demand of providing more communities with an authentic Hispanic grocery store.
“As we continue to listen and learn from our customers at all of our Fresco y Más locations, we are developing new stores that reflect exactly what our shoppers are looking for; More Savings. More Service. More For You.
“Each store’s new Hispanic-focused product assortment and features, including a full-service Latin butcher shop and new Cocina, are our commitment to providing a shopping experience that reflects the cultural connection we strive to make with our Hispanic customers,” continued Ian McLeod.
Fresco y Más’ new “Low Price every day” program includes more than 800 popular products that help shoppers save more on the quality items they buy every day, and are easily found in store with distinctive green and yellow arrow signage throughout the store. Prices will be at the same low price for at least 6 months for savings our customers can count on. More Savings! More Service! More for you!
Some items with a “Low Price every day” for at least 6 months include:
- Mounsier Mango Nectar – 8.4 oz – was $0.99, now $0.60 (over 39% savings)
- El Sembrador Frozen Yuca – 4 lb – was $5.50, now $3.75 (over 31% savings)
- Chorizo Quijote – 5.5 oz – was $4.19, now $3.00 (over 28% savings)
- Café Domino Espresso – 10 oz – was $2.09, now $1.75 (over 16% savings)
Other specially priced items for the grand opening include:
- Free Café Bustelo Coffee – 10oz- for the first 500 customers
- Whole Top Round - $1.78 per pound, if you spend more than $30
- Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks Value Pack - $0.38 per pound
Shoppers will immediately notice the enhancements throughout the new Fresco y Más stores, including:
- An all-new, full-service Latin butcher shop (Carniceria) offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom cut meats to better serve our customers.
- Refreshed produce department featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits.
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch.
- New Dollar Zone within the store, where customers can get over 600 everyday essentials for just $1, from grocery and cleaning to health and beauty.
- Renovated bakery department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods, including flan, tres leches, croquettes, and custom tres leches cakes, made fresh daily, as well as a wider selection of local favorites.
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches.
- An additional Wall of Value section featuring weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most.
- More than 500 new Hispanic items available across several departments.
- A new custom façade and vibrant yellow colors with bi-lingual signage throughout the store.
The first Fresco y Más store concept was launched in Hialeah, FL in June 2016, followed by five additional stores that opened in December 2016. Fresco y Más now includes 11 locations throughout South Florida, with the launch of the following stores:
- 3701 NW 7th St., Miami, FL 33126
- 1630 W 49th St., Hialeah, FL 33012
- 3401 NW 18th Ave., Miami, FL 33142
- 6500 W 4th Ave., Hialeah, FL 33012
- 1201 E 10th Ave., Hialeah, FL 33010
About Southeastern Grocers
Southeastern Grocers, LLC, parent company and home of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the second-largest supermarket in the Southeast based on store count. The company employs nearly 60,000 associates who serve customers in grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies throughout the seven southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and South Carolina. BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie are well-known and well-respected regional brands with deep heritages, strong neighborhood ties, proud histories of giving back, talented and loyal associates, and strong commitments to providing the best possible quality and value to customers. For more information, visit www.bi-lo.com, www.frescoymas.com, www.harveyssupermarkets.com and www.winndixie.com.