SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Insurance Marketing & Communications Association (IMCA) announced its 2017 Annual Conference lineup of presenters for the three-day event being held in Scottsdale, Ariz., June 25-27.
“Crisis Communications: The Role of the Marketing and Communications Pro in Building Effective Strategies.”
“Our member volunteers have done an outstanding job sourcing speakers for this year’s conference,” said Anna Hargis, director of advertising at Shelter Insurance and chair of the IMCA board of directors. “Our 2017 conference theme is ‘Grand Inspiration,’ and our attendees will not only be inspired by the presentations, but educated and full of ideas to implement immediately within their own organizations.”
For the eighth consecutive year, super-regional property/casualty insurance carrier The Main Street America Group will be the conference’s Diamond Sponsor.
“We consider this to be the premier conference within the insurance industry and a ‘must-attend’ event for marketing and communications professionals who either work in the industry or support it in some fashion,” said Mark Friedlander, Main Street America’s head of corporate communications and immediate past board chair of IMCA.
IMCA’s strong speaker lineup this year includes:
- Jason Keath, founder and chief executive officer, Social Fresh: “The Future of Social Media – Where to Spend Your Time and Money for the Best Return.”
- Jeanette McMurtry, chief marketing officer, e4marketing: “The Psychology of Choice: Understanding the Science of Why We Do What We Do and Buy What We Buy.”
General Session Presentations
- David Williams, president and chief executive officer, Make-A-Wish Foundation of America: “Not Just Wishful Thinking: Building Your Brand through Strategic Philanthropy.”
- Jim Flynn, president and chief executive officer, Hult Marketing: “Beyond the Buzzwords of Social Media, Content Mojo and Marketing Automation: 7 Strategies to Start Proving Your ROI for Your Brand.”
- Seth Birnbaum, chief executive officer, EverQuote: “Why ‘Disrupters’ are the Key to Survival, Not the Enemy.”
- Eric Slezak, insurance account executive, Siteimprove, “Boost Your Bottom Line with an Accessible Website.”
Breakout Session Presentations
- Christopher Nance, chief communications officer; Danica Wallin, strategic communications program manager; and Rachel Cannon, business technology manager, California Earthquake Authority: “Confessions of a Scrum Master.”
- Elizabeth Mertz, director of client services; and Tara Litchfield, director of experience design, Catalyst: “Finding the Gaps in Your Customer Experience.”
- Emily Hathcoat, vice president/head of marketing, CNA: “What Can You Do? Driving Company-Wide Transformation as a Marketer.”
- Felicia Stanczak, chief operating officer, Magnani Continuum Marketing: “Five Really Smart Marketing Behaviors that Can Actually Tank Your Results.”
- Gary Kimball, president, Kimball Communications: “Crisis Communications: The Role of the Marketing and Communications Pro in Building Effective Strategies.”
- Jeanette McMurtry, chief marketing officer, e4marketing: “Triggering the Unconscious Mind for Unthinkable ROI: Using Psychology to Drive Loyalty, Devotion and Evangelism.”
- Jim Flynn, president and chief executive officer, Hult Marketing: “Building a Strategy to Generate More Leads and Promote Your Brand with Inbound Marketing” and “Putting Your Inbound Marketing Strategy to Work: Fine-Tuning the Basics.”
- Larry Neilson, chief executive officer, Neilson Marketing Services: “What is Integrated Digital Marketing?”
- Nancy Harhut, chief creative officer; and Lianne Wade, vice president, customer insight, Wilde Agency: “10 Human Behavior Hacks that Will Change the Way You Create Email.”
- Peter van Aartrijk, principal, Chromium: “Fasten Your Seatbelts: InsurTech’s Impact on Insurance Branding.”
2017 IMCA Annual Conference Sponsors
“IMCA could not present a conference of this magnitude without the tremendous support of our sponsors,” Hargis said.
This year’s sponsors include:
Diamond: The Main Street America Group
Platinum: Bankers Advertising, LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Siteimprove
Gold: A.M. Best, Chromium, Independent Agent, Nielson Marketing Services, Risk & Insurance, YPM
Silver: American Modern Insurance Group, Shelter Insurance
Bronze: Business Insurance, The Co-operators, Grinnell Mutual
Registration is required to attend the 2017 IMCA Annual Conference and 59th Annual IMCA Showcase Awards Gala. Both events will be held at the Scottsdale Resort McCormick Ranch. Additional information is available on IMCA’s Annual Conference website.
About the Insurance Marketing & Communications Association
IMCA (www.imcanet.com) is the oldest association for insurance marketing and communications professionals in North America with roots tracing back to 1921. Membership includes leading international and domestic multiline insurance companies and brokerage firms, regional and specialty companies, general agencies, and prominent industry suppliers. The organization represents over 120 companies, including the industry’s top five property/casualty writers. Members include senior level management and professional staff working in the areas of corporate communications, advertising, public relations, marketing communications, marketing and sales promotion, marketing research and technology.