TUCSON, Ariz.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Today, the University of Arizona’s Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing announced the lineup of presenters for the 21st Annual Global Retailing Conference set for April 20-21 at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort in Tucson. Among the speakers at this leadership summit will be senior executives from some of the world’s foremost retail, technology and business brands including principals from Macy’s, Apple, Google, Walmart, Kendra Scott, PIRCH, Bluemercury, El Palacio de Hierro and MasterCard; among others.
“The retail landscape continues to evolve at a rapid pace as shoppers demand new, more personal ways to engage with businesses. Innovative concepts and a faster to market approach are the keys to success for any retailer working to adapt to omnichannel shopping”
As the premier platform for emerging ideas in retailing, the Global Retailing Conference serves as a think tank that features insights and trend perspectives from global leaders in business. Attendees include retail company executives, industry analysts and observers, and some of America’s most engaged faculty and students – who together hold the key to the future of retailing.
This year’s conference, will focus on “What’s In Store,” with speakers discussing ways retailers can best integrate the digital and in-store shopping experience, evolve their marketing tactics, create innovative store concepts and tackle the demands of personalization; among other topics focused on the evolution of shopping.
Speakers for the event include:
Thursday, April 20
- Terry J. Lundgren, Chairman and CEO, Macy’s, Inc.
- Sarah Quinlan, Senior VP, Market Insights, MasterCard
- Juan Carlos Escribano, Chief Executive Officer, El Palacio de Hierro
- Steve Bratspies, Chief Merchandising Officer, Walmart U.S.
- Brian Amkraut, EVP Real Estate, Strategy, Store Operations & Services, PetSmart
- Alex Komoroske, Lead Product Manager, Google
- Jeffery R. Sears, Chief Executive Officer, PIRCH
- Luke Chatelain, VP of Innovation, West Elm
- Chris Kobus, Vice President of Marketing and eCommerce, Sunglass Hut
- Gregg Throgmartin, General Manager, Fabletics
Friday, April 21
- Jeff Gennette, President, Macy’s, Inc.
- Angela Ahrendts, Senior Vice President of Retail and Online Stores, Apple Inc.
- Kendra Scott, Designer, CEO and Philanthropist
- Marla Malcolm Beck, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Bluemercury Inc.
- Barry Beck, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer, Bluemercury Inc.
- Beck Besecker, Co-Founder and CEO, Marxent
- Chris Wantlin, Chief Digital Officer, Global Ecommerce, Ashley Furniture HomeStore
- Susan Hart, Global Retail Practice Leader, Spencer Stuart
Details on the conference, including a complete agenda, are posted on www.globalretailingconference.org, with pages on Facebook.com (keyword Global Retailing Conference) and Twitter.com/globalretailcon.
“The retail landscape continues to evolve at a rapid pace as shoppers demand new, more personal ways to engage with businesses. Innovative concepts and a faster to market approach are the keys to success for any retailer working to adapt to omnichannel shopping,” said Terry J. Lundgren, chairman and CEO of Macy’s, Inc., who will deliver opening remarks. “This year’s Global Retailing Conference (GRC) will be focused on what is next and how a variety of retailers are implementing seamless shopping experiences across mobile, in-store and online that help create more meaningful, impactful relationships with consumers.”
He added, “Over the years this gathering of the world’s top business leaders has proven to be the center of gravity for emerging ideas and concepts that have shaped the retail marketplace. With speakers and attendees including industry CEOs, senior executives from a who’s who of the world’s top brands, industry experts and fashion designers; the 21st Annual GRC will create yet another excellent mentoring and learning opportunity for the remarkable students of the University of Arizona.”
Registrations for a limited number of attendees are currently being accepted.
The GRC is presented through the support of sponsors that include Macy’s, Inc., SAP, MasterCard, Fung Global Retail & Technology, Citi Retail Services, Hudson River Group, Intel, Oracle Data Cloud, PetSmart, Samsung, Supima, Tyco Retail Solutions, AirWatch by VMWare, Winston Retail, Walgreens, AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions, Bottle Breacher, CenturyLink, Defero, Gordon Brothers Group, Kenneth L. Mink, Leonisa, and World Department Store Forum.
For more information on attending the event, visit www.globalretailingconference.org and follow to the registration page. Or email Kimberley Brooke, associate director of the Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing is part of the University of Arizona’s John and Doris Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences. It brings together the resources and expertise of academia and the retail industry, with a shared goal of developing strong future retail professionals. The school’s Retailing and Consumer Sciences program undergraduate degree is considered one of the top retail business programs in the country. About 600 students currently are enrolled in classes.