HOUSTON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today unveiled an online video platform for CERAWeek 2017 in Houston. The new platform, CERAWeek Live, will make many conference sessions available to all via live stream and on-demand video. It will debut on Monday, March 6 at noon central time on www.ceraweek.com.
“CERAWeek is the world’s premier stage for discussion and insight on the energy future. We are very excited to expand the accessibility of the conference’s high-level content within participating organizations and to adjacent industries impacted by the global energy industry”
CERAWeek by IHS Markit is the premier annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the environmental, technology, financial and industrial communities, and energy technology innovators.
“CERAWeek is the world’s premier stage for discussion and insight on the energy future. We are very excited to expand the accessibility of the conference’s high-level content within participating organizations and to adjacent industries impacted by the global energy industry,” said Jerre Stead, IHS Markit chairman and CEO.
Sessions to be featured on CERAWeek Live include:
(Subject to change. More on-site interviews and sessions will also be available on-demand in addition to this live stream programming. Visit www.ceraweek.com starting Monday, March 6 at noon central time for the most up-to-date information.)
Monday, March 6
1:35 pm CST: Ministerial Address with H.E. Alexander Novak, minister of energy, Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation
2:10 pm CST: Global Oil Dialogue with Darren Woods, chairman and CEO, ExxonMobil
Tuesday, March 7
8:50 am CST:Ministerial Address with H.E. Khalid A. Al-Falih, minister of energy, industry and mineral resources; chairman of the board of directors, Saudi Aramco, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
12:20 pm CST: Oil Industry in Transition: Where are We in the Cycle? with H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general, OPEC; Fatih Birol, executive director, IEA
Wednesday, March 8
10:20 am CST: What Happened to Globalization? with David Farr, chairman and CEO, Emerson; Hon. Jesse Norman MP, parliamentary under secretary of state, minister for energy and industry, United Kingdom; Ulrich Spiesshofer, CEO, ABB Group
Thursday, March 9
8:50 am CST: Opening Address with Ben van Beurden, CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
Friday, March 10
10:20 am CST: The U.S. and the World: The New Geopolitics with Nicholas Eberstadt, Henry Wendt chair in political economy, American Enterprise; Evan Felgenbaum, vice chairman, Paulson Institute; Meghan O’Sullivan, Kirkpatrick professor of the practice of international affairs; director of the geopolitics of energy project, Harvard University Kennedy School; Angela Stent, director of the center for Eurasian, Russian and East European Studies, professor of government and foreign service, Georgetown School of Foreign Service
12:40 pm CST: Where Next for Industrial America? with Andrew Liveris, chairman and CEO, The Dow Chemical Company
CERAWeek 2017: Pace of Change: Building a New Energy Future will focus on the changing market at a time of turbulence and uncertainty. The program will examine new forces at work; explore the strategies to meet competitive dynamics and the impact of technology, government policies and the global economy. Nearly 3,000 delegates from more than 60 countries are expected to attend this year’s conference.
CERAWeek 2017 will feature more than 350 speakers including:
- H.E. Khalid A. Al-Falih, minister of energy, industry and mineral resources, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, chairman of the board, Saudi Aramco
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general, OPEC
- Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency
- Energy ministers from more than 12 countries
- CEOs from more than 20 oil and gas companies
- CEOs from more than 15 power and renewable companies
- CEOs from more than 15 global technology companies
- CEOs and senior leaders from more than 15 financial companies
- 3 United States Senators
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete and up-to-date list of speakers and program information.
Key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2017 will include:
- Oil industry in transition: Where are we in the cycle? What lies ahead for industry structure and strategy?
- U.S. energy policy in the Trump era: New directions
- Climate policy, environmental policy, and sustainability
- Energy security and competitiveness
- Scaling innovation: Pace and impact of new technologies, digitalization, robotics, big-data, mobility/transportation, internet of things
- Future of the upstream business: supply, costs and industry structure
- Electric power: What are the future fuel choices for generation (coal, gas, and role of renewables), market design and new business models such as centralized vs. distributed generation?
- Natural gas: Regional imbalances and their impacts on global gas markets and strategy
- Autos and oil: the changing face of demand
CERAWeek 2017 will be held March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2017 in person are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: http://on.ihs.com/cwmediareg17
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2017 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.