PITTSBURGH--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Carnegie Learning, Inc., a leading provider of innovative research-proven math products and services, today officially launched a comprehensive effort to drive transformation in math education. There is a critical need for this: according to the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), 67% of U.S. 8th graders and 75% of U.S. 12th graders were below proficient in math in 2015.1 Carnegie Learning aims to lead a new chapter in math learning by partnering with educators to transform their classrooms and develop 21st century skills for every student.
“Since its founding 20 years ago in the research labs of Carnegie Mellon University and the classrooms of Pittsburgh Public Schools, Carnegie Learning has been driving transformation for teachers and students in innovative ways”
Carnegie Learning combines cognitive and learning science and technology with practical instruction to develop conceptual understanding, as well as deeper learning skills like communication, collaboration, perseverance and critical-thinking. The company offers student-centered consumable textbooks (grades 6–12) and intelligent software (grades 6–12 and developmental math for higher education), as well as professional learning and data analysis services for teachers across the K–12 spectrum.
Below is a summary of how the company is launching its movement to transform math learning:
- A new brand identity was introduced today, designed to showcase how the Carnegie Learning Way stands apart from other K–12 providers, in terms of mission-focus, culture, and innovation. The launch includes a new website, release of a Carnegie Learning Manifesto, and tagline that encapsulates the company’s positive energy and singular focus: LONG + LIVE + MATH™.
- MATHia®, the cutting edge artificial intelligence software platform that provides better 1-to-1 coaching than any other software on the market, has made and will continue to make significant updates to incorporate ongoing research and teacher feedback, and offers an even more intuitive and easy-to-use experience.
- All-new consumable textbooks for Carnegie Learning’s Middle School Math Solution ship in May 2017, with High School Math Solution editions now in production.
- Mika™, a new software platform built to support the needs of developmental math students in college, has launched and is now available, providing an effective, affordable alternative for developmental math.
- Peter LaCasse, former Head of Product, has been appointed Chief Operating Officer; John Jorgenson, former SVP at Cambium Learning Group, has been appointed Chief Marketing Officer; and Charles Ward, former SVP at Pearson, has been appointed Head of Higher Ed. Alongside the company’s expert researchers, scientists, and master math practitioners, Peter, John, and Charles are committed to moving the company forward in its effort to change the conversation around what we all expect math learning to be.
- Company headquarters are now located in the Union Trust Building, a historic Pittsburgh location that recently underwent a visually stunning restoration. The headquarters feature open, collaborative workspaces that encourage creativity and a team-first culture, and the best technology available.
“Since its founding 20 years ago in the research labs of Carnegie Mellon University and the classrooms of Pittsburgh Public Schools, Carnegie Learning has been driving transformation for teachers and students in innovative ways,” said Barry Malkin, CEO at Carnegie Learning. “We are excited to reimagine our brand and have it lead the charge as we focus on how math can change students’ lives and set them up for ongoing success. Quite frankly, our country’s students and teachers need and want better math support than what they’ve been getting. The stakes are just too high. That’s why we’ve assembled an industry-leading team that is uniquely qualified to deliver what’s needed—a better instructional approach, smarter technology, and an unwavering dedication to do whatever it takes to bring it all together.”
For more information on Carnegie Learning’s unique approach to transforming math learning, visit www.carnegielearning.com.
ABOUT CARNEGIE LEARNING, INC.
Carnegie Learning is a transformational math education company focused on delivering better math learning to all teachers and students. Through research-proven software, textbooks, and professional development and data analysis services, Carnegie Learning is helping students to succeed in math as a gateway to graduation, college, and the 21st century workforce. Carnegie Learning, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is the sole source provider of MATHia® Software for students in grades 6–12 and Mika™ Software for college students in need of developmental math support. Carnegie Learning®, MATHia®, and Mika™ are registered trademarks of Carnegie Learning, Inc. For more information, visit www.carnegielearning.com.