MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--During the four-day Grand Opening celebration of the new $45 million entertainment complex, “Elvis Presley’s Memphis,” across the street from Graceland, collectors, fans and pop culture enthusiasts from around the world will raise their paddles to bid in hopes of going home with a piece of Elvis history at the Graceland-Authenticated “The Auction at Graceland,” Online bidding is now open for the auction, which will be held Saturday, March 4 at 2:00 p.m. CST/3:00 p.m. EST in the new 464-seat state-of-the-art theater in The Guest House at Graceland, and online at GracelandAuctions.com.
“Scotty Hard at Work at Sandymount Studio Dec. ‘96”
With a wide variety of authenticated artifacts to offer, all types of collectors are showing interest in the auction. Of particular note, the auction includes artifacts from the collection of the late Scotty Moore, legendary guitarist for Elvis Presley and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, as well as items from Elvis’ personal and professional life including clothing, jewelry, autographs, concert memorabilia and Hollywood items.
Every artifact is authenticated by Graceland Authenticated, LLC. All of the items in the auction will be offered from third-party collectors and none of the items will come from the treasured Graceland Archives. The mansion and all artifacts in the Graceland Archives continue to be owned by Lisa Marie Presley and are not for sale.
Among the 163 items to be included in the March 4 auction, notable items include:
- Elvis Presley Owned and Worn Gold and Diamond Panther Head Ring Gifted to Tour Promoter Tom Hulett, Estimate $10,000-15,000
- Elvis Presley Owned Diamond and Black Sapphire Ring Gifted to Charlie Hodge, Estimate $10,000-15,000
- 1957 RCA Award to Colonel Tom Parker for Making Elvis Presley's "That's When Your Heartaches Begin" a Million Seller, Estimate $10,000-15,000
- Elvis Presley Twice-Signed Promotional Photo, Estimate $4,000-6,000
- Elvis Presley Used Electro-Voice RE16 Microphone, Possibly Stage or Studio Used, Emanating from RCA Employee, Estimate $4,000-5,000
- 1960 Elvis Presley Signed Lease for Apartments at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel Where He Lived While Filming "G.I. Blues," Estimate $2,000-3,000
- Elvis Presley Signed and Inscribed Snapshot of Mrs. Scotty Moore (Bobbie Walls Moore) - "No I'll Never Dance, Elvis 'Q Ball' Presley," Estimate $1,000-2,000
- Scotty Moore's Gold Record Award for 1954 Sun Record "That's All Right," Estimate $1,000-2,000
- Ronnie Wood Signed Original Charcoal Artwork of Scotty Moore - “Scotty Hard at Work at Sandymount Studio Dec. ‘96” - Done by Wood During 1996 Recording Session
To view the entire auction and bid click here.
The Auction at Graceland collectible catalog is now available to order at ShopGraceland.com and features more than 132 pages, including photos and details of all the auction items. Registered bidders can reserve a paddle for in-person bidding by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Advance registration is recommended.
Many of the auction lots can be viewed at The Guest House at Graceland, a AAA Four Diamond resort hotel, March 2 through March 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST and March 4, 9:00 a.m. to noon CST.
To have an artifact considered for inclusion in future Graceland Auctions, please email email@example.com. For more information about how to submit items for authentication by Graceland Authenticated, please visit www.gracelandauthenticated.com. Photos of specific auction items are available by request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graceland's new entertainment complex, "Elvis Presley's Memphis," opens March 2-5, 2017, and will feature a new Elvis Presley career museum, automobile museum, performance soundstage, pop culture exhibits, restaurants and retail.
About Graceland and Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.
Elvis Presley’s Graceland, in Memphis, is music’s most important and beloved landmark, with hundreds of thousands of fans from around the world visiting the historic home each year. Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) manages the operations of Graceland, its related properties, including the AAA Four-Diamond Guest House at Graceland 450-room hotel, which opened in October 2016, as well as the Graceland Archives, featuring thousands of artifacts from Elvis’ home and career. EPE also produces and licenses Elvis-themed live events, tours and attractions worldwide. Graceland Holdings LLC, led by managing partner Joel Weinshanker, is the majority owner of EPE. Auction A Circle and Graceland Auctions TNGL#5967 is the entity that manages Auctions at Graceland. In 2015, Graceland was named the world’s “Best Musical Attraction” and “Best Historic Southern Attraction” in the USA Today 10 Best Reader's Choice Awards and in 2013, voted the #1 “Iconic American Attraction” in the same poll. For more information on EPE and Graceland, visit www.graceland.com.
Stay connected to Elvis Presley’s Graceland:
@VisitGraceland on Twitter, Instagram and Periscope
Graceland Blog: http://blog.graceland.com/
Graceland Podcast: http://www.graceland.com/connect/podcast.aspx
Livestream events: https://livestream.com/ElvisPresleyGraceland
SiriusXM’s Elvis Radio, Channel 19