NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Economist Events’ annual Innovation Summit will return to the Windy City for the third consecutive year. This year’s event titled, “We are All Digital Now,” takes place February 28, at The Westin Chicago River North. Fortune 500 CEOs, senior industry executives, policymakers and disruptive entrepreneurs will gather for the day-long event to share their insights and strategies for becoming a truly data-driven and digital business.
“We look forward to engaging our speakers in stimulating, interactive discussion and debate.”
The forum is co-chaired by The Economist's China Business and Finance Editor Vijay Vaitheeswaran, and Matthew Bishop, senior editor, The Economist Group. Editors from The Economist will lead the conversations around the opportunities and challenges of making the transition to a data-driven marketplace.
“Chicago is at the heart of the United States economy, making it the ideal location for the Innovation Summit,” said Matthew Bishop, senior editor, for The Economist Group. “We look forward to engaging our speakers in stimulating, interactive discussion and debate.”
Sample topics include how to profit from the internet of things, new frontiers in customer centricity, the future of blockchain technology and the impact of machine learning and artificial intelligence on innovation.
Hugh Grant, chairman and chief executive of Monsanto will be the keynote interviewee on how CEO’s should address the digital revolution. J. B. Pritzker will join us for a fireside chat about digital disruption in America's heartland.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ajay Agrawal, professor of strategic management, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Kevin Bandy, chief digital officer, Cisco
- Lucy Beard, chief executive, Feetz
- Brian Behlendorf, executive director, Hyperledger and founder, ApacheSoftware Foundation
- Tom Bianculli, chief technology officer, Zebra Technologies
- Vince Campisi, chief information officer, United Technologies Corporation
- Dan Creekmore, group director, Facebook
- Kyle Culver, solution architect, Humana
- Martin Giles, partner, Wing Venture Capital
- Hugh Grant, chief executive, Monsanto
- David Jones, founder and chief executive, You & Mr. Jones
- Rodin Lyasoff, chief executive, A3 by Airbus Group
- Jamie Miller, chief executive officer, GE Transportation
- J.B. Pritzker, co-founder and managing partner, Pritzker Group
- Raj Rajkumar, director, General Motors-Carnegie Mellon Autonomous Driving Collaborative Research Lab
- Justin Rosenstein, co-founder, Asana
- Alec Ross, author, The Industries of the Future
- Michael Rhodin, head, IBM Watson
- Sanjay Sarma, dean of digital learning, MIT
- Olof Schybergson, chief executive and co-founder, Fjord
- Michael Small, chief executive, Gogo
- Jamie Smith, global chief communications and marketing officer, The Bitfury Group
- Ann Winblad, managing director, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Robert Wolcott, founder and executive director, Kellogg Innovation Network
- Geoffrey Woo, chief executive, Nootrobox
To register, please click here: http://bit.ly/2kYjckp.
Event sponsors include Platinum sponsor Zebra, Gold sponsor Fjord and Silver sponsor PwC. Allison + Partners is the communications agency for the event. Supporting associations include: Illinois Technology Association, 1871, Chicago Manufacturing Renaissance Council, Innovation & Technology Today, Product Development and Management Association, Chicago Innovation Awards, The Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and HACKT.
This event is open to the media. For media registration, please contact Caitlin Coffee at +1 312-635-8204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Economist (economist.com)
With a growing global circulation and a reputation for insightful analysis and perspective on every aspect of world events, The Economist is one of the most widely recognised and well-read current affairs publications. The paper covers politics, business, science and technology, and books and arts, concluding each week with the obituary.
The Economist Events brings the publication to life. As the leader of debate in the pursuit of progress, Economist Events tackles leading issues with an insightful, forward-looking and distinctly global perspective. It provides the necessary tools for business leaders, senior executives and policy makers to make informed decisions and to stay ahead of the game in a rapidly changing world.