WAKEFIELD, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code (SAFECode) will be at the RSA Conference 2017, February 13-17 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco providing advanced briefings on two new whitepapers that raise the bar on secure software development. The white papers include “Managing Security Risks Inherent in the Use of Third-party Components” and “Tactical Threat Modeling” and are a culmination of extensive work and collaboration by SAFECode's cross industry working groups. The industry-developed and free-of-charge materials are scheduled for public release in March, 2017.
“Managing Security Risks Inherent in the Use of Third-party Components”
SAFECode's Board of Directors will be on hand to discuss among other topics:
- Managing Security Risks Inherent in Third-party Components.
- Threat Modeling as a Cybersecurity Strategy.
- The New Fundamentals for Secure Software Development.
SAFECode Board of Directors will be available for briefings:
- Steven B. Lipner, SAFECode Executive Director (Former Microsoft Security Chief).
- Eric Baize, SAFECode Chairman and Senior Director, Product Security and Trust Engineering, Dell EMC.
- Dr. Frances Paulisch, SAFECode Vice Chairman and Head of the Software Initiative, Siemens AG.
- David Lenoe, SAFECode Treasurer and Director, Secure Software Engineering, Adobe.
- Glenn Pittaway, SAFECode Board Member and Senior Director, Trustworthy Computing Government and Industry Programs, Microsoft.
- David Doughty, SAFECode Board Member and Director of Product Security Engineering Intel Corporation.
- Edward Bonver, SAFECode, Board Member and Technical Director of the Product Security Team for the Symantec Corporation.
- Anders Magnusson, SAFECode, Board Member and Director and Software Architect at CA Technologies.
In addition, SAFECode Executive Director, Steve Lipner, “the Father of SDL” and Cybersecurity Hall of Fame inductee will speak about software security assurance in the age of the Internet of Things (IoT):
- Cyber/Physical Security and the IoT: National Security Considerations” at the RSA Conference in the Moscone Center on February 17, 2017, Moscone West Room 2004 from 10:15 AM to 11:00 AM.
The Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code (SAFECode) is a non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to increasing trust in information and communications technology products and services through the advancement of effective software assurance methods. SAFECode is a global, industry-led effort to identify and promote best practices for developing and delivering more secure and reliable software, hardware and services. Learn more at http://safecode.org/.