AUSTIN, Texas--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Buffalo Americas, a leading provider of USB storage, network attached storage (NAS) and networking solutions, announces the availability of the LinkStation 520DN, a network attached storage device made specifically for the home. The LS520DN is a customizable NAS solution designed to serve as the hub of consumers’ connected homes by making it easier to store, share, and secure all digital data for the modern family.
“We are excited to introduce the Buffalo LS520DN as a way for consumers to organize and protect their digital life”
“We are excited to introduce the Buffalo LS520DN as a way for consumers to organize and protect their digital life,” said Arthur Traub, Director of Strategic Accounts at Buffalo Americas. “This new product allows home users to easily store, organize, access, stream and protect all their digital assets. We provide NAS-grade disk drives for always-on performance in the LS520DN to ensure ease of use and reliability. And, as with all our Buffalo products, if a customer needs any help, they simply need to contact our 24/7 US-based customer support team.”
The LS520DN facilitates media streaming not only to computers, tablets and smartphones, but also to stereo systems and smart televisions, so users can have complete access to their digital libraries anywhere, any time. The LS520DN is powerful enough to stream to multiple devices while also simultaneously backing up multiple PC and Mac computers.
The LS520DN comes fully equipped with new features and is ideal for storing, sharing, and protecting documents, photos, music and video files. Key features and benefits include:
- Simple set-up, right out of the box.
- Equipped with a user-friendly interface that simplifies file management.
- Buffalo’s WebAccess service allows users to create a private cloud for easy remote access and file sharing with friends and family over the Internet. By storing data on their own storage device, users have a higher level of privacy and avoid monthly fees for a third-party cloud service.
- Available in three capacities – 2, 4, and 8TB – and populated with 2 NAS-grade hard drives designed for always-on operation.
- Data protection with RAID1 already configured to help protect users from hard drive failure.
- Simultaneously stream multiple high-definition films.
- Power control features enable the LS520DN to reduce power consumption and extend the product’s lifespan.
- The award-winning NovaBACKUP® software from NovaStor is included for managing backups on PCs, while the LS520DN is compatible with Apple® Time Machine® and is ready for multi-client Mac® backups.
The extensive compatibility of the LD520DN ensures consumers can get the most out of their digital hub:
- DLNA-compatible (Digital Living Network Alliance) so users are able to stream content to DLNA-compatible smart televisions. More than 25,000 products have been certified as compatible with DLNA interoperability standards.
- Designed to work well with Apple devices – compatibility with Time Machine means easy set-up for data backup and restore functions, and integration with Apple iTunes® provides additional storage space for iOS devices along with streaming to those devices.
- Compatible with BitTorrent® peer-to-peer file sharing, which reduces the amount of time required to share large files.
Pricing and Availability
The LinkStation 520DN is backed by a limited three-year warranty including toll-free 24/7 US-based technical support for 90 days. The LinkStation 520DN is available in four capacities:
- The LS520DN0202 with 2TB capacity, available now at an MSRP of $279.99
- The LS520DN0402, with 4TB capacity, available now at an MSRP of $349.99
- The LS520DN0802, with 8TB capacity, available now at an MSRP of $449.99
About Buffalo Americas
Buffalo Americas, Inc., is dedicated to providing solutions for home users and small- to medium-sized businesses. Buffalo prides itself on personal customer service and tech support paired with easy-to-use and reliable products. With many firsts in the industry, Buffalo holds four decades of networking and computer peripheral experience, providing best-of-breed, high-performance solutions that have put the company at the forefront of infrastructure technology. For more information about Buffalo Americas and its products, please visit www.BuffaloAmericas.com.
Buffalo is a trademark of Buffalo, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.