JEFFERSON CITY, Mo.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--More than 250 charter school students, parents, and staff will perform, share their stories, and promote charter schools at a rally in the rotunda at the Capitol in Jefferson City. Speaking at the event will be Missouri state lawmakers, charter school parents, and leaders in Missouri education.
- Rally in the Rotunda: Charter school students performing, sharing stories, and promoting charter schools at the Capitol
- Missouri state lawmakers
- Charter school parents
- Dr. Douglas Thaman of the Missouri Charter Public School Association
- Peter Franzen of the Children’s Educational Alliance of Missouri
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 2
- Capitol Rotunda, Jefferson City
Event planners include the Missouri Charter Public School Association.
Held every January, National School Choice Week is an independent public awareness effort designed to shine a positive spotlight on effective education options for every child. Through thousands of independently planned events across the country, National School Choice Week raises public awareness of all types of educational choices available to children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, public magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling.