WESTON, Conn.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Town of Weston, Connecticut today unveiled a new marketing and branding initiative that officials said could be the first such project undertaken by a town of its size. Called “The Weston Way,” the program includes a variety of initiatives to highlight what residents see as superlative attributes of the town, including its number one statewide-ranked K-12 public school system, hiking, biking and access to beaches, an easy commute to New York City, and more.
“Those of us who are fortunate enough to live in Weston know what an exceptional town it is for residents of all ages”
“Those of us who are fortunate enough to live in Weston know what an exceptional town it is for residents of all ages,” commented First Selectman Nina Daniel. “However, there is one area we realized had room for improvement: letting the outside world know how truly special Weston is. That is why we were inspired last year to draw on the abundance of talent in our town to form a Strategic Planning Committee, made up of local volunteers. This marketing initiative is a key element of the Committee’s work.”
Attributes of Weston the town Committee intends to highlight include:
- #1 ranked comprehensive school system in the entire state, according to both US News & World Report and Newsweek
- The Weston school district combines the best attributes of private and public schools on a single unified bucolic campus.
- Hiking at your backdoor via Devil’s Den, Connecticut’s largest continuous wildlife preserve, with over 1,750 acres and a long, looped hiking trail
- The Beach! Weston is the only town (other than Westport) whose residents may purchase parking permits for Compo Beach
- An organic, “farm-to-table” lifestyle enabled by two-acre zoning and a pristine environment.
- A long history of attracting artists and other creatives from New York City and elsewhere
- Among the lowest crime rates in the nation.
- A remarkably educated populace: 84% have a bachelor’s degree, 32% a master’s degree and over 17% a professional degree or doctorate
- Weston offers superb homes of architectural distinction from antique to contemporary and across a range of prices.
Key elements of the initiative:
- The Weston Way website: www.thewestonway.com
A window through which potential homebuyers and others can get to know the town
- Weston Ambassadors
Introduces potential homebuyers with long-time Weston residents via meet and greets. It is hoped that prospective residents can come away from these introductions with a true sense of the Weston way of life. More info on the Weston Ambassadors program is available here.
Ms. Daniel concluded, “Through this program and other efforts, we hope that Weston will no longer be Connecticut’s “best-kept secret”. Whether you’re looking to relocate from New York City boroughs such as Brooklyn and Manhattan, from Long Island, New Jersey, or Westchester, from far away or just from a different part of Fairfield County, Weston represents a life better lived. We want to share it, so please visit our new website www.thewestonway.com, meet our local Ambassadors, and come spend some time in Weston. The welcome mat is out. We hope to see you soon.”