CHICAGO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Ideal Home Show Chicago (IHSC), presented by Life Storage, returns to Navy Pier (600 E. Grand Ave.) for its third installment, from January 27-29, 2017. The experiential marketplace – the only home show in the city of Chicago – is perfect for new and existing homeowners looking to upgrade, remodel or renovate their homes.
“Winter is the perfect time of year for existing and future home owners to start thinking ahead to their spring and summer renewal projects”
The three-day showcase will feature vendors from Chicagoland and beyond eager to demonstrate their new products, and to offer advice, insight and inspiration on remodeling, design, home improvement and spring outdoor projects. Guests will meet local and regional experts offering innovative products, inspiring ideas, helpful tips and exclusive deals.
In 2016, homeowners who completed home remodeling projects rose 12% from the previous year, driven primarily by new owners looking to upgrade and customize their homes, and people preparing to put their homes on the market.1
“Winter is the perfect time of year for existing and future home owners to start thinking ahead to their spring and summer renewal projects,” said Jessica Boweak, the IHSC’s manager. “We’re excited to welcome more than 40 new home experts to the third annual Ideal Home Show at Navy Pier. Attendees will get to shop, compare and save, as well as take advantage of seminars and specials they won’t find anywhere else.”
2017’s Ideal Home Show Chicago will feature vendors specializing in bedroom, office, outdoor, energy efficiency and more. Since kitchen and bathroom remodeling remain the top trends for people upgrading their homes, attendees will find experts in cabinetry, appliances, windows and flooring, including Dovetail Kitchens, offering custom solutions in kitchen and bath remodeling, Renewal by Andersen, replacement windows and doors, Phenix Brick, indoor and outdoor brick staining, Premium Cabinets and Countertops, and Power Home Remodeling, specializing in energy-efficient home remodeling.
- WGN Radio’s Lou Manfredini, aka “Mr. Fix It,” will broadcast live from Navy Pier Saturday, Jan. 28 from 7-10 a.m.
- Ethan Allen, the leader in furniture and home accessories, will create interactive office, bedroom and dining displays, and offer free design assistance through its “Ask a Designer” program
- Mission 2 Organize, Chicago’s urban organizing and concierge business, will present unique solutions to help attendees get organized Friday and Saturday at 1 pm
- VizX Designs, Naperville’s 3D landscape design firm, will provide outdoor living tips and create a walk-through backyard display
EO and Crest
Lighting, in partnership with GE,
will discuss the energy efficiency of LED lighting, and heated
flooring from Nuheat
- The first 300 attendees each day will receive a free LED light bulb, courtesy of Paramont EO and Crest Lighting
- Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance will help attendees manage energy use and costs
- NHL Network Analyst and former Chicago Blackhawk Jamal Mayers and Blackhawks Defenseman Brian Campbell will sign autographs Saturday, Jan. 28 from 12-2 pm and Sunday, Jan. 29 from 12-2 pm, respectively, sponsored by Renewal by Andersen
- Local musician Laura Joy will perform Friday, Jan. 27 from 5-8 pm
- Chicago’s Indige Face and Waxed Hands will be at the show each day offering complimentary face painting and creating memorable keepsakes for children
- Charity partner, Habitat for Humanity, will have an interactive craft booth, creating coasters out of tile
- Local food trucks, including Da Pizza Dude, Pork Chop and Taquero Fusion will be dishing out customer favorites all weekend
Tickets are $10 at the door, $7 online, $4 for Seniors 65+ with a valid ID at the show box office. Children 12 and under are free with an adult.
The hours for the Ideal Home Show Chicago are:
- Friday, January 27, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, January 28, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, January 29, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Show will take place at Navy Pier in Festival Hall B, with parking conveniently located beneath the showroom. New SpotHero users can save $5 using code IDEALHOME17. Commuters can earn $5 off their first 10 rides from Lyft when they download the app and enter code 50BONUS.
For more information, including a full stage schedule, visit idealhomeshowchicago.com. Follow Ideal Home Show Chicago for show updates and helpful home tips on Facebook and Twitter, and engage using hashtag #idealhomeshows.
About Ideal Home Show Chicago
Ideal Home Show Chicago offers consumers a comprehensive, face-to-face shopping opportunity, connecting new and existing home owners with companies offering home improvement, remodeling and décor, and outdoor living products, services and expert advice, to help them create the ideal home and life year round.
About Navy Pier
Located on Lake Michigan, Navy Pier is the top attended leisure destination in the Midwest, stretching more than 6 city blocks and welcoming more than 8 million guests annually. Originally opened in 1916 as a shipping and recreation facility, this Chicago landmark showcases more than 50 acres of parks, restaurants, attractions, retail shops, sightseeing and dining cruise boats, exposition facilities and more. Navy Pier, Inc., a 501 (c) (3) not for profit organization, maintains and oversees Navy Pier and its redevelopment into a bolder, greener and more contemporary urban space. For more information, visit www.navypier.com.
About Habitat for Humanity International
Habitat for Humanity International’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Anchored by the conviction that housing provides a path out of poverty, since 1976 Habitat has helped more than 5 million people through home construction, rehabilitation and repairs and by increasing access to improved shelter through products and services. Habitat also advocates to improve access to decent and affordable shelter and offers a variety of housing support services that enable families with limited means to make needed improvements on their homes as their time and resources allow. As a nonprofit Christian housing organization, Habitat works in more than 70 countries and welcomes people of all races, religions and nationalities to partner in its mission. To learn more, donate or volunteer, visit habitat.org.
1 Home Advisor Annual Report, 2016, http://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/report/