NEEDHAM, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) today announced it will demo a Connected PLM solution in booth #1344 at National Retail Federation’s (NRF) annual Convention & EXPO, better known as Retail's BIG Show, on January 15-17th.
“How Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Companies”
PTC is shaping the future of retail by leveraging the power of Internet of Things (IoT) technology to bring Connected PLM from concept to reality. To showcase this, PTC will provide end-to-end demos that highlight the capabilities of the PTC FlexPLM® retail product lifecycle management (PLM) software from planning, to design and product development, to sourcing through selling.
Attendees will be able to experience first-hand the potential of the IoT with a Supplier Insights dashboard powered by the PTC ThingWorx® IoT platform. The PTC Vuforia® augmented reality (AR) technology will showcase how AR can be used to enable product development efficiency and improve the consumer experience for sales conversion.
With a continued focus on Design Tools and improving the user experience, PTC also plans to release a FlexPLM application, which will allow designers and other users to capture concepts, trends, and ideas in FlexPLM by pulling video and imagery from live feeds, as well as trending imagery from various social media platforms such as Instagram.
To demonstrate the power of Connected PLM, PTC’s booth will feature technology and service partners, including:
- EFI Optitex, a global technology company based in Silicon Valley leading the worldwide transformation from analog to digital imaging
- First Insight, a world leading provider of solutions that empower brands to incorporate the voice of the customer into the design and merchandising of new products
- GS1, a neutral, not-for-profit organization that develops and maintains the most widely used supply chain standards system in the world
- Kalypso, a global innovation consulting firm that helps clients deliver better results from innovation in a digital world
- Mesh01, a leading provider of metric-driven insights for consumer-centric brands that provides a more efficient platform by combining real-time critical data from MESH01 product insights with data provided by PTC FlexPLM
- Nexgen Packaging, a leading global supplier of brand identification products to retailers as well as to apparel, footwear, and textile brands
To learn more about PTC’s presence at the show, please visit: http://www.ptc.com/events/nrf-big-show.
The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC’s discretion.
- PTC event page for Retail’s BIG Show
- PTC FlexPLM 11 Resource Page
- PTC Announces New Smart Connected Retail PLM Software (press release)
- On the Runway: Retail Apparel Software Blog
- Harvard Business Review: "How Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Companies," authors PTC CEO Jim Heppelmann and Harvard Professor Michael Porter
About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC has the most robust Internet of Things technology in the world. In 1986 we revolutionized digital 3D design, and in 1998 were first to market with Internet-based PLM. Now our leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions bring together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way you create, operate, and service products. With PTC, global manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive the future of innovation.
PTC, FlexPLM, ThingWorx, Vuforia, and the PTC logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of PTC Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.