BOSTON--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The end of 2016 marks the strongest year yet for Cloud Service Management pioneer CloudHealth Technologies. After posting a 130 percent year-over-year revenue increase, more than doubling its customer base, and securing a $20 million Series C round in May, the company enters 2017 as business momentum is accelerating.
“CloudHealth has become an integral component of our customers’ day-to-day operations”
“CloudHealth has become an integral component of our customers’ day-to-day operations,” said Dan Phillips, CloudHealth Technologies CEO and co-founder. “It’s extremely gratifying to see the platform solve their complexity challenges and deliver such strong business value. We continue to push customer-driven enhancements and services, which has been a key factor in our year-over-year growth.”
The technology ecosystem around cloud is filled with both legacy players and new entrants -- with additional vendors throwing their hats into the ring each year. CloudHealth Technologies maintained its competitive edge in this crowded space by leveraging customer input and real-world feedback to drive platform enhancements.
Key 2016 platform highlights:
- Support for multi-cloud – CloudHealth supports organizations managing applications, infrastructure and services across multiple public cloud service providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. The move addresses a growing industry trend, as engaging with multiple cloud vendors becomes more popular and environments grow ever more complex.
- Hybrid cloud management and migration assessment – CloudHealth Technologies increased support to help enterprises better manage their hybrid clouds and plan successful migrations.
- Performance and rightsizing enhancements – CloudHealth now further enhances cloud environments through rightsizing and identifying underutilized instances, so customers can get the most out of what they’ve provisioned.
- Security and automation – Platform enhancements around security and automation allow customers to more efficiently manage their cloud infrastructures.
- Insight and control – CloudHealth’s policy and automation capabilities enable customers to address complicated issues tied to cloud performance, rightsizing and cost. They can now take more advanced actions based on complex conditions, while automating the optimization process.
- Industry-leading partnerships – CloudHealth announced integrations with Datadog, a monitoring service for modern cloud environments, as well as digital intelligence company New Relic. These integrations give customers end-to-end visibility across every dimension of their cloud environments.
- AWS Marketplace – Offering greater convenience and simplicity, CloudHealth Technologies was one of the first partners to support purchasing through AWS SaaS Marketplace.
“With enterprise public cloud adoption accelerating, there’s never been a greater need for CloudHealth,” said Larry Begley, CFO. “The world’s largest and fastest growing businesses are fueled by cloud, and they’re increasingly embracing hybrid and multi-cloud strategies. This results in a level of complexity that makes effective cloud management absolutely vital.”
Key 2016 company highlights:
- Customer momentum – CloudHealth Technologies has more than doubled its customer base since the end of 2015, with customers spanning a variety of vertical industries. New customers included Imgur, Gogo, Jaunt VR, Change Healthcare, and The Economist.
- Talent acquisition – CloudHealth Technologies closes out the year after doubling the size of its employee base, bringing the total count to 130 employees. Noteworthy hires included CFO Larry Begley, a former partner with CloudHealth investor .406 Ventures, who joined the team in April.
- Business growth – Following a Series C round in May, CloudHealth Technologies continued its financial momentum, with more than 130 percent year-over-year revenue growth.
- Channel partnerships – 2016 marked several key channel program milestones, with 31 new partners and a 310 percent rise in partner program revenue YoY.
- Office expansion – The company underwent a 10,000-square-foot office expansion at its Boston headquarters, and grew its footprint in EMEA and APAC.
Additional industry accolades and third-party recognition included the following:
- Events and Community Engagement – Inaugural CloudHealth Connect forums in New York and San Francisco featured speakers from Dow Jones, Scholastic, Pinterest, Jobvite and Smaato. Members of the executive team also spoke at AWS re:Invent, the Pacific Crest Global Technology Leadership Forum, Channel Partners Conference & Expo, DevOps Day Boston, PwC Boston Field Immersion Day, and a series of AWS conferences.
- Awards and Recognition – CloudHealth Technologies was named to InformationWeek’s 25 Cloud Vendors to Watch for 2017, Gartner’s Cool Vendors in Cloud Management, Red Herring’s 2016 Top 100 North America, Boston SmartCEO’s Future 50, Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2016, Owler’s Hot in Boston, and NewCo’s list of Boston 2016 Participating Host Companies. CTO and Founder Joe Kinsella was also accepted into the Forbes Technology Council.
About CloudHealth Technologies
CloudHealth, the recognized worldwide leader in the growing Cloud Service Management industry, provides integrated reporting, recommendations and active policy management to help companies control the problems associated with “cloud chaos.” Our comprehensive platform gives enterprise companies and MSPs the ability to visualize, optimize and govern their cloud and hybrid environments. By providing analysis and deep insight into historical trends, capacity planning, resource optimization and resource automation, CloudHealth enables stakeholders ranging from C-level executives to engineers, cloud specialists, architects, IT directors and LOB managers to improve performance and drive value through their cloud ecosystems. Well-known organizations that rely on CloudHealth’s capabilities and expertise include Amtrak, Dow Jones, Acquia, and Sumo Logic, among others. Based in Boston, the company is backed by Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, .406 Ventures and Sigma Prime Ventures.
For continuous product updates, industry news and engagement, visit us at www.cloudhealthtech.com or follow us @cloudhealthtech.