HANOVER, Md.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--To support a range of economical high-bandwidth options and a variety of customer applications, QTS Realty Trust (NYSE: QTS), an international provider of data center, managed hosting and cloud services, is deploying Ciena’s® (NYSE: CIEN) Waveserver® stackable data center interconnect (DCI) platform. Ciena’s Waveserver will power QTS’ HyperConnect Platform. With this upgrade, QTS will provide its customers up to 400 Gb/s connectivity between its new Chicago data center and Lakeside Technology Center (350 East Cermak). The increase in capacity allows QTS to easily and more economically turn up new data connections – from 1G to 100G – for its customers who need larger or multiple low latency connections to its data centers.
- The scale of QTS’ mega data centers helps support growth of hyperscale cloud providers, including offering Amazon Web Services Direct Connect®. In addition, QTS provides a fully integrated technology platform featuring customizable data center solutions, colocation, managed hosting, hybrid cloud and disaster recovery services for enterprise and government organizations.
- Ciena’s Waveserver allows QTS to offer more competitive solutions, as they can now cost-effectively offer high-capacity connections on a scalable and reliable network. The platform’s openness and high programmability enable quick and simple integration and service automation for fast, easy service activation and monitoring. Additionally, by deploying Waveserver on its existing infrastructure, QTS is saving additional costs and time to scale its network.
- Ciena’s Waveserver offers massive capacity and density—400 Gb/s of line capacity plus 400 Gb/s of client Ethernet ports in a compact, 1RU form factor. It leverages a data center operations model so QTS has the flexibility to quickly turn up new services and support customers’ dynamic web-scale DCI applications on the schedule they require.
“Our customers face complex and constantly changing business
challenges, and they are turning to the cloud to help. With Ciena’s
Waveserver DCI platform, we can deliver on our mission of providing
ultra-high capacity connectivity and premium customer experience by
offering a range of new cost-effective choices to support our
customers’ data center and cloud application demands.”
- Mike Salviski, VP Product Development, QTS
“As enterprises continue to leverage cloud services to meet the
demands of their businesses, leading data center providers like QTS
are partnering with Ciena to provide more efficient interconnect
services. Our industry-leading Waveserver platform is built for easy
ordering, fast installation and server-like management – all essential
for quickly turning up services in today’s highly competitive market.”
- Jason Phipps, Vice President & General Manager, North America, Ciena
QTS Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: QTS) is a leading provider of secure, compliant data center, hybrid cloud and managed services. QTS features the nation’s only fully integrated technology services platform providing flexible, scalable solutions for the federal government, financial services, healthcare and high tech industries. QTS owns, operates or manages more than 5 million square feet of data center space and supports more than 1,000 customers in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. In addition, QTS' Critical Facilities Management (CFM) provides increased efficiency and greater performance for third-party data center owners and operators. For more information, please visit www.qtsdatacenters.com, call toll-free 877.QTS.DATA or follow us on Twitter @DataCenters_QTS.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.