SAN FRANCISCO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--This week at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) is showcasing the future of consumer entertainment, and how it is delivering spectacular imaging and audio experiences in partnership with leading global brands such as Lenovo, LG, P&F USA (Philips), Sony, and TCL, across broadcast, over-the-top (OTT), Ultra HD Blu-ray, gaming, and music. Dolby has accelerated global partner momentum in all categories, with a growing number of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos enabled products and content announced at the show.
“Dolby is transforming visual and audio experiences for consumers everywhere with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos”
“Dolby is transforming visual and audio experiences for consumers everywhere with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos,” said Kevin Yeaman, President and CEO, Dolby Laboratories. “The industry’s endorsement of Dolby Vision is growing with Sony joining LG, TCL, Vizio, and other major manufacturers in delivering the Dolby Vision experience to consumers. For the first time, consumers will be able to get the Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos experience through one product with LG’s 2017 OLED TVs.”
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos Together in One Product
Dolby’s deep expertise in bringing advanced audio and imaging technologies from the cinema to the home, now brought together for the first time in one product, has led to distinct features that enable Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to deliver extraordinary entertainment experiences to consumers.
- Dolby and LG Electronics announced that LG 2017 OLED TVs will support Dolby Vision high-dynamic-range (HDR) imaging and Dolby Atmos breakthrough audio in a new combined home entertainment experience. Consumers can now experience content with both cutting-edge imaging and state-of-the-art sound technology through one product.
Dolby Vision Adoption Accelerates
Dolby announced new and continued partnerships with four leading global TV manufacturers, including LG, Philips, Sony, and TCL, raising the number of TV OEMs around the world that support Dolby Vision to seven. In addition to TVs, Dolby announced that new Ultra HD Blu-ray players from LG and Philips will support Dolby Vision via a software update in early 2017.
- In addition to LG’s newly announced OLED lineup, LG Super UHD TVs will continue to support Dolby Vision in 2017. These are joined by the LG UP970 Ultra HD Blu-ray player, which will support Dolby Vision later this year via a software update.
- Dolby and Sony have partnered to bring Dolby Vision to Sony’s newly announced premium 4K HDR TV line, giving Sony’s global customers access to spectacular HDR experiences in the home with Dolby Vision.
- P&F USA and Dolby announced the launch of new Philips branded 4K Ultra HD televisions and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray players featuring Dolby Vision. All 2017 Philips 4K Ultra HD 6000, 7000, and 8000 series televisions will support Dolby Vision out of the box. The Philips BDP7502 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player will support Dolby Vision on Ultra HD Blu-ray discs later this year via a software update from Philips.
- TCL announced that its C-Series and P-Series TV lines will support Dolby Vision.
From content creation to distribution and playback, Dolby Vision is an end-to-end solution supported by leading Hollywood directors, major studios and distributors, and TV OEMs worldwide. On-demand streaming services feature a strong lineup of Dolby Vision content, with more than 80 studio titles available today. Additionally, close to 100 hours of original content is available in Dolby Vision across leading OTT providers globally, and consumers will soon have access to a library of Dolby Vision content on Ultra HD Blu-ray, with anticipated availability in early 2017.
Dolby Atmos Gains Widespread Global Adoption
Dolby Atmos support has accelerated, and the Dolby Atmos experience is now available in multiple form factors, making the experience more accessible to consumers around the world.
- LG announced its new SJ9 soundbar featuring Dolby Atmos breakthrough audio and a sleek design that adds an instant aesthetic accent to any home.
- Dolby and Sony also announced that the Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar and STR-DN1080 AVR will feature Dolby Atmos, with availability in North America in spring of 2017, followed by global availability.
- Onkyo and Pioneer unveiled their first soundbars with Dolby Atmos: the Onkyo SBT-A500 and Pioneer ELITE FS-EB70 Network Surround Soundbar Systems.
- Lenovo has partnered with Dolby to launch the Lenovo Legion Y720 as part of its line of gaming PCs, making it the world’s first Dolby Atmos enabled PC.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.
Dolby, Dolby Atmos, and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Dolby Vision is a trademark of Dolby Laboratories. All other trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. DLB-G