--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Thread Group:
WHAT: The Thread Group -- an industry alliance chartered with creating the very best way to connect and control products by guiding the widespread adoption of the Thread protocol -- will illustrate the true potential and flexibility of low power, IP-based networks at CES 2017 in its booth, Sands Expo #40343. CES attendees will see the benefits of seamless device-to-device communication, built on the low-power, highly secure Thread networking protocol.
In addition, the Thread Group and zigbee alliance will jointly demonstrate successful product integrations running dotdot, the zigbee alliance’s universal language for smart devices, on Thread networks, which marks an important milestone in the two organizations' collaboration as they work to release end-to-end product development solutions.
The Thread Group’s president, Grant Erickson, will participate in CONNECTIONS Summit’s “IoT and Smart Home: Seamless Interoperability,” panel on Jan. 5 from 1:15 - 2:30 p.m. at the Venetian, Level 4, Marcello 4405, and will speak to the role that the network layer plays in the connected home.
WHO: The following Thread Group member companies will feature a number of innovative products, including:
- Altiux will demonstrate its IoT device middleware framework that incorporates Thread protocol, and enables seamless interoperability between devices running different application layers including Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) and Open Mobile Alliance’s LWM2M.
- Big Ass Solutions - more commonly known as Big Ass Fans - will show the world's first Thread-based ceiling fan and wall control, premiering at CES.
- Dialog Semiconductor will demonstrate OpenThread, an open source implementation of the Thread networking protocol released by Nest.
- Google and Nest will present a demonstration of Weave, the technology that enables devices to communicate securely and reliably to each other, the cloud, and mobile, as well as interact with Google services.
- Legrand North America will showcase a dimmer from its global Eliot (Electricity and IoT) program which incorporates Thread and IoTivity using Samsung's ARTIK Edge to Cloud ecosystem.
- Linx Technologies will show static demonstrations of their Thread technology modules, gateways and border routers.
- Nortek Security and Control will show its garage door controller, which is one of its many ecosystems to include zigbee alliance's dotdot language over Thread.
- NXP® Semiconductors will demonstrate its i.MX6UL Linux-based Modular Gateway securely controlling a 64-node Kinetis KW41Z wireless MCU-based Thread network via voice control.
- OSRAM will introduce a Thread-ready gateway study for the Internet of Light.
- Resolution Products will show how its award-winning, UL Compliant security panel, Helix, supports Thread devices including their own Thread door/window sensor.
- Rigado will showcase their configurable IoT Gateway with Thread support.
- Samsung will demo ARTIK™, which uses Thread and IoTivity open source software to enable seamless and reliable device-to-device connectivity, brought to life in a Legrand dimmer product.
- Schneider Electric will show the industry's first Thread-enabled smart light switch using dotdot by the zigbee alliance running over Thread to greatly simplify IoT ecosystem interoperability.
- Silicon Labs will demonstrate its multiprotocol Wireless Gecko platform in a Connected Home demo that showcases smart outlet, occupancy sensor and dimmable light switch reference designs, which incorporate both the Thread protocol and zigbee application layer to accelerate time-to-market.
- Texas Instruments will feature the OpenThread network operating on CC2650 and CC2538 wireless MCU platforms for smart home solutions.
- Tridonic will demonstrate net4more, its new hard- and software toolbox for wired and wireless lighting management, which uses the Thread protocol to ensure a freely scalable mesh network.
- Yale Security will show some of the industry’s first digital deadbolts to pair with the Thread protocol, including Linus™, the lock for a more secure Nest home, and the Assure Lock™.
WHERE: Sands Expo, Booth #40343, and @TheThreadGroup
WHEN: Jan. 5 - 8, 2017
Designed for devices and things in the places where people live and work, Thread is an IPv6 networking protocol built on open standards for low-power 802.15.4 mesh networks that can easily and securely connect hundreds of devices to each other and directly to the cloud.
About Thread Group
The non-profit Thread Group is focused on making Thread the foundation for the internet of things in the home and beyond by educating product developers, builders and consumers on the unique features and benefits of Thread and ensuring a positive experience through rigorous, meaningful product certification. Thread is backed by industry-leading companies including ARM, Big Ass Solutions, Nest Labs, NXP® Semiconductors, OSRAM, Qualcomm, Schneider Electric, Silicon Labs, Somfy, Tyco and Yale Security. Since opening its membership in October 2014, companies from around the world and across all aspects of the expansive and connected technology sector have joined the Thread Group to create the very best way to connect and control devices. For more information, please visit http://www.threadgroup.org.