NAPA, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley introduces Ginger Sour, expanding its product line of purees and specialties to 41 premium flavors for culinary, pastry and beverage applications.
Ginger Sour is a delectable blend of ginger, key lime and lemon juices and delivers the perfect balance of warm ginger notes and vibrant citrus tartness. Chefs and beverage professionals can order through foodservice distribution beginning in January. Home enthusiasts can purchase through Amazon and The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley, SRP $25 per jar plus shipping.
Recipes & Images Available: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/21fhawm3w44cb3c/AAAIf4jZvMDXwbTvfDrjTA5Ea?dl=0
Jonathan Pogash, The Cocktail Guru
1 ½ oz. gin, rum or vodka
1 oz. The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour blend, thawed
½ oz. The Perfect Purée Blood Orange Concentrate, thawed
½ oz. ruby red grapefruit juice (unsweetened)
2 oz. lime-flavored seltzer
orange slice & candied ginger (garnish)
Add all ingredients except garnish to a rocks glass with ice and roll back and forth. Garnish with an orange slice and candied ginger.
Ginger Sour Ganache
The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley
Yield: 60 to 75 chocolates, depending on mold
150 g. The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour blend, at room temperature
450 g. milk chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate
15 g. butter at room temperature
1 pinch of salt
- Place milk chocolate in a plastic bowl (a glass bowl will retain heat, and may cause chocolate to burn).
- Microwave chocolate for a short amount of time, approximately 45 seconds.
- Pour Ginger Sour into chocolate and allow to set for about 10 seconds.
- Place bowl into microwave again for about 10 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and allow to rest another 15 seconds so that the heat in the mixture can distribute.
- Begin to stir slowly from the middle of the bowl with a wire whisk, using small circles and slowly graduating to larger circles, until the entire bowl has been blended. If you find the mixture is not melted enough, you can return the mixture to the microwave for another 5 to 10 seconds.
- Add the butter and salt to the chocolate and stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a pastry bag and use it to fill chocolates.
- Use milk chocolate for the shell, which showcases the Ginger Sour flavor.
Use as a filling for molded milk, dark or white chocolates or as a frosting.
Sample requests: perfectpuree.com/samplegingersour
The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley has indulged the culinary passions of chefs and mixologists with products that provide ultimate fresh fruit flavor without the peeling, dicing and simmering required for making purées from scratch.
All products contain no artificial additives, preservatives or sweeteners. The fruits are harvested at the peak of season, puréed and packed frozen to maintain optimal freshness, flavor and color no matter the season.