MILPITAS, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--HEAT Software, a company that’s leading the unification of Cloud Service Management (CSM) and Unified Endpoint Management (UEM), today announced significant updates to three of its core IT software solutions: HEAT Endpoint Management and Security Suite (EMSS), HEAT Service Management (SM), and HEAT Desktop and Server Management (DSM).
“Within fifteen minutes, our vulnerability risk drops to near zero.”
EMSS 8.5 delivers defense-in-depth endpoint security with simplified endpoint management, while offering added protection against targeted attacks. EMSS 8.5 further reduces complexity for both security and IT operations teams, optimizes TCO & operational efficiencies, improves visibility and delivers control back to IT.
Improvements delivered in the new EMSS 8.5 release include:
- Smoother integration into existing infrastructure and third-party systems via REST APIs
- Tighter security by updating caching proxy and adding a scan archives option for anti-virus (AV) real-time monitoring
- Simplified workflow via the ability to add a Custom Patch List to a Mandatory Baseline
- Expanded compatibility via support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Windows Server 2016 along with Ubuntu and MacOS Sierra patch support
HEAT Service Management 2016.2 improves an IT organization’s ability to efficiently manage, deliver and measure the services they provide. New capabilities improve the management of critical projects and portfolios, enhance the user experience and further streamline administration activities.
New capabilities delivered with HEAT Service Management 2016.2 include:
- Improved portfolio & project management, resource allocation and risk mitigation.
- Enhanced usability with added capabilities for administrators to customize content and layout.
- Better control and productivity with new capabilities such as improved filtering and administration of tasks and application objects.
- Improved integration framework to more easily exchange information and tickets with other service teams and IT systems. Connectivity to Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Calendar has also been enhanced to remove the need for a VPN.
- Increased operational efficiency with control and audit of Amazon Web Service (AWS) instances directly from HEAT Service Management, including user privileges and change management.
- HEAT Software confirms the security and integrity of its Cloud based service management solution with SOC 2® Type 1 Security Certification
Additional key productivity enhancements for HEAT Software’s UEM solution portfolio are introduced with the release of HEAT Desktop and Server Management (DSM) Version 2016.2. Consisting of ES, DSM and other applications, HEAT UEM is a cross-platform solution that helps manage and secure traditional Windows, Mac, virtual, and mobile endpoints from one unified console.
Key enhancements to HEAT DSM 2016.2 include:
- Simplified client management with a User Centric approach to associate users with their various endpoint devices
- Easier administration with an enhanced setup wizard, a policy-based software management framework and increased automation for software and application packages
- Streamline Windows 10 migration with a new migration manager, including enhanced support for MS Office (2003-2016)
- Increased security with enhancements for software patching performance and packaging
“Our enhanced portfolio is the result of listening to our customers and anticipating their future needs,” said David Murray, a HEAT Software product manager. “We constantly strive to make our products as thorough and easy to use as possible and there’s no better resource to tap than those who use them most and benefit from the enhancements.”
“When Adobe releases an update to Reader to patch a zero-day exploit, HEAT EMSS protects us from this critical vulnerability,” said Shilo McDonald, an IT manager for Synventive Molding Solutions. “Within fifteen minutes, our vulnerability risk drops to near zero.”
- MidMichigan Health EMSS Case Study.
- Sinclair Community College Service Management Case Study.
- The City of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, DSM Case Study.
About HEAT Software
HEAT Software is a leading provider of Cloud Service Management and Unified Endpoint Management software solutions for organizations of all sizes. With its suite of applications, HEAT Software is the only company in the world that provides Service Management and Unified Endpoint Management software on premise and in the cloud. HEAT manages millions of service interactions and millions of endpoints every day for thousands of leading organizations across IT, HR, Facilities, Finance, Customer Service and other enterprise functions. Its customers deliver world-class service while maximizing operational efficiencies with reduced cost and complexity.
HEAT is a registered trademark of HEAT Software or its affiliates in other countries. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.